Korean Random
ktulho

Сборник py_macro

Tried in both folders -- same error.   It seems the script isnt registering/exporting properly.  I can try again.

Short link
2 минуты назад, kupjones сказал:

Tried in both folders -- same error.   It seems the script isnt registering/exporting properly.  I can try again.

Прикрепите логи.

Short link

Ahhh, 2 spaces in 2 places.   

Ok, removed the spaces -- no more errors in XVM.log but

1> Still get no clickable link

2> cannot move the location of the address

Short link
22 часа назад, ktulho сказал:

Но он все равно не будет работать.

Short link

Correct, will not work.   No mouse-over color change, no-clickthrough.   

This is running the DEV version XVM -- let me try the stable version

BTW, your OP includes those spaces -- probably would be good to fix:

" textFormat ": { "color" : "{{py: ob.highlight? 0x3B95FF | 0xD8B44E}}" , "size" : 14 }, "format" : "<u> Korean Random </u> {{py: ob.address ('https: // koreanrandom.com ')}} " , " mouseEvents " : { " mouseDown " : " openBrowser_Down " , " mouseOver " : " openBrowser_Over " , " mouseOut " : " openBrowser_Out " } } ] }}  

Short link
8 минут назад, kupjones сказал:

probably would be good to fix

You have already been written above that "the supplement will not work."

Something to edit in the script, configuration, description does not make sense.

WG blocks all links for the in-game browser, except for its own.

Thanks can be said to those who abused this functionality and distributed ads and other dubious links within the client.

So that about this addition you can forget forever, he will never work again.

Short link

Odd, I thought others here were able to get this python script to work -- 

I did try and embed a hyperlink eg,. <a href="https://wgmods.net/1778/"> Link Text</a>  but the XVM parser did not like it.  

Short link
import BigWorld
url = 'https://wgmods.net/1778'
BigWorld.wg_openWebBrowser(url)

Will open the link in an "external browser".

Short link

Hmmmm, then the task is to simply display a link on the login screen/lobby, click and it will take you to an external browser.   So the XVM config would need to present a clickable link, python capture a click, then pass that url to the BigWorld method.   

It sounds like python code here in question just needs  a little update to make that work --   

Short link

Nice!   Working on trying it out

Error in XVM log.  Got this before but it was a space issue between the function name and the passed URL arg.  Now, doesnt matter.   

Nevermind -- no error now but link still does not work on the login screen

Guess its time for me to learn how to debug python in a WOT environment -- I feel blind.

Got it to work!   Issue was spaces around the action commands -- those spaces were introduced in the OP demo of teh .XC options

This now works thanks to @night_dragon_on.  I took the original script and left everything the same (so I could get hover highlighting -- I dont knwo which component is handling that part) and instead of calling the internal browser used the function call for an external browser.  

What still does not work is:

1) unable to move the link to any coordinate on the display

2) the active, clickable area is a column that extends vertically to teh bottom of the screen.  Not sure what controls this.

There were spaces introduced in the original XC config example that was causing, I feel, most of the just-wont-work issues.   Attempting to use the internal browser is a non-starter according to @night_dragon_on

openBrowser.py

Edited by kupjones

Short link
3 часа назад, kupjones сказал:

the active, clickable area is a column that extends vertically to teh bottom of the screen.  Not sure what controls this.

widgetsTemplates.xc

Short link
21 hours ago, kupjones said:

Need an explanation -- it is not clear what sending this file is supposed to do.  Sorry

@ktulho, any response?  

On 3/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, kupjones said:

Nice!   Working on trying it out

Error in XVM log.  Got this before but it was a space issue between the function name and the passed URL arg.  Now, doesnt matter.   

Nevermind -- no error now but link still does not work on the login screen

Guess its time for me to learn how to debug python in a WOT environment -- I feel blind.

Got it to work!   Issue was spaces around the action commands -- those spaces were introduced in the OP demo of teh .XC options

This now works thanks to @night_dragon_on.  I took the original script and left everything the same (so I could get hover highlighting -- I dont knwo which component is handling that part) and instead of calling the internal browser used the function call for an external browser.  

What still does not work is:

1) unable to move the link to any coordinate on the display

2) the active, clickable area is a column that extends vertically to teh bottom of the screen.  Not sure what controls this.

There were spaces introduced in the original XC config example that was causing, I feel, most of the just-wont-work issues.   Attempting to use the internal browser is a non-starter according to @night_dragon_on

openBrowser.py 1.33 kB · 1 download

@night_dragon_on any clues as to why one is unable to re-position the created link?   

26 minutes ago, kupjones said:

@ktulho, any response?  

@night_dragon_on any clues as to why one is unable to re-position the created link?   

some debugging in the XC file.  Removing the "mouseevents" in the format section results in the removal of the "clickable column" in the login screen -- so it makes me wonder if there is not an underlying problem with how XVM is handling the mouse event registration?

Short link