Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Abaddon

What's the problem with updates?

I've been unable to find any info regarding updates. Why is this mod breaking every time any update is made to WoT? Is there any way I can fix it myself? I mean the latest update shouldn't affect anything in the last build anyway, and it's a pain when it just stops working because they updated 0.0.0.1 versions.

Short link
Nightly builds contain subquality work, can contain new bugs, and are intended ONLY for testing purposes.

Short link

But why do they break every time a new version is released? They don't malfunction, just shut down entirely.

Short link

You're probably new to modding, it's typical that mods use to break after client update. I would rather blame WG not XVM devs. If it wasn't for WG mods would still work. 

Edited by Aslain

Short link

I know it's not XVM devs' fault. In fact I'd say it's a positive effect since it avoids crashing if an option is no longer available in the base game. What I don't get is why I can't edit anything in the configuration files to make it work again temporarily.

It's been a day without XVM because WG fixed a graphic bug, it should take longer to compile the code than creating a new version of XVM.

Short link

Anyway mods are not made to fail when new WoT client is detected, they may fail due to WG changes made to the client. :)

Short link

I suspect (looking at the 7504 7604 changelog) that XVM is specifically made to fail when the patch number changes, probably because it deals with so many aspects of the game and the devs have a strict quality control requirement. Of course, not all mods are made like that.

I also wouldn't go so far as to blame WG. I'd rather have a properly-functioning game and no mods for a couple of days, than working mods and a broken game.

Edited by scyorkie

Short link

Actually 6.7.2 works fine, except for any identified new features/bugs.

All you need to do is move com.modxvm.xfw_6.7.2.744.wotmod from <wot install dir>/mods/0.9.19.0.1/ to <wot install dir>/mods/0.9.19.0.2/

voilà/やった/well done!

:gawi: 

Edited by Rhopegorn

Short link

Actually 6.7.2 works fine, except for any identified new features/bugs.

All you need to do is move com.modxvm.xfw_6.7.2.744.wotmod from <wot install dir>/mods/0.9.19.0.1/ to <wot install dir>/mods/0.9.19.0.2/

voilà/やった/well done!

:gawi:

The boss. Thanks man. I don't think it should malfunction with what they added.

I suspect (looking at the 7504 changelog) that XVM is specifically made to fail when the patch number changes, probably because it deals with so many aspects of the game and the devs have a strict quality control requirement. Of course, not all mods are made like that.

I also wouldn't go so far as to blame WG. I'd rather have a properly-functioning game and no mods for a couple of days, than working mods and a broken game.

It's a good practice to force a specific minimum version for add-ons, as data sets are not guaranteed to be the same, and pointing to a null reference crashes the whole environment. In humanly-comprehensible terms, if the base game has an item deleted and the mod uses it it can crash your whole computer.

Short link