Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
scyorkie

replay issues (all the 9.17 builds)

I have been having issues loading up replays if I'm not in vanilla.

I either get stuck at the load screen which shows a picture representation of the map (sounds will load and the game will continue, but all I see is this), or I get to watch the game but the Tab key seems to be permanently held down (see this, which usually shows the usual information -- but in "vanilla", i.e. not affected by my XVM config -- but somehow is completely blank this time).

Short link

Same thing with 6957.

xvm.log exists, but is a 0 kb file and has no contents. It is last updated at the time when I load the replay.

python.log here (vanilla + XVM only).

Just to add, when I say "Tab key seems to be permanently held down", I mean that that middle display cannot be hidden. I can still press Tab and see this.

Is it an issue with the replay? Replay uploaded with this post.

20161220_1955_usa-A80_T26_E4_SuperPershing_13_erlenberg.wotreplay

Short link

This problem is happens only with this replay or with any replay?

Anyway, I don't know how to help you. Try to reinstall client from scratch into another directory.

Short link

Uninstalled + cleared AppData + reinstalled into a different folder + loaded stock XVM (6957).

With the above, I no longer get stuck at the picture of the map, but the empty battleLoading screen still shows up frequently.

It seems that if everything is loaded too fast, i.e. I get into the game before battleLoading.xc can load the names/tanks/stats, battleLoading gets stuck there in the middle of the screen. The one time everything loaded smoothly, was when the game seemed to load slower, and battleLoading had enough time to display all the relevant information.

It can happen with any replay, and sometimes the same replay gives different results.

xvm.log is still empty. python.log here.

Edited by scyorkie

Short link

I realised that I've only seen the vanilla client's battleLoading when playing, but I swear I saw it load stats at least once when I was opening a replay earlier.

I'll just wait for battleLoading to be fixed and hopefully my problem goes away.

Short link

but I swear I saw it load stats at least once when I was opening a replay earlier.

It's impossible, because it is not implemented at all. BL was completely changed in 9.17 and XVM was not updated for it.

Short link

For what it's worth, I found out that if I press Left Arrow to rewind the replay, the thing in the middle will disappear.

Short link

I have been having issues loading up replays if I'm not in vanilla.

I either get stuck at the load screen which shows a picture representation of the map (sounds will load and the game will continue, but all I see is this), or I get to watch the game but the Tab key seems to be permanently held down (see this, which usually shows the usual information -- but in "vanilla", i.e. not affected by my XVM config -- but somehow is completely blank this time).

I'm having the same issue.  It doesn't happen with every replay though.  Some replays are fine but if a replay has one of these issues, it continues to have the issue every time I try to view it.  I had one instance where my replay showed the Battle loading teams like in your second screenshot.  When I tried to view the same replay it then showed the picture of the area like your first screenshot.  When I view a replay that works fine, I have been able to watch it over and over again and it will be fine.

Short link

Good to know I'm not the odd one.

Ever since battleLoading was fixed, I only encountered the map picture once (like in my first screenshot).

However, practically every replay still has the other issue, where battleLoading is stuck in the middle unless I rewind the replay.

Edited by scyorkie

Short link

I have the same issue since 0.9.17.0.3 came out....Sometimes the replay is fine, other times battleloading stays on screen when the replay starts. If I do the rewind trick it does get rid of it. 

I wonder if it was going on before but didnt notice it somehow.

Edited by epa1patine

Short link

Please try on the latest build
до этого не встречал такого эффекта, вчера накатил 7100 и, не выходя в бой, запустил реплей - на первом же запуске "словил" неубирающийся экран загрузки. Даже не вникая что это и откуда, просто перезапустил реплей, потом бои, потом опять реплеи - баг не вернулся ни разу...

зы. совершенно случайно наткнулся на эту тему и потрудился перевести о чем тут речь - вот и написал :)) 

Short link