Korean Random
Andyss

Does xvm have reload timer?

Hi @Mixaill

Is Zoom Out modification with camera.xc settings is forbidden ?

No sign of zoom mode in list.

Also, we had not receive any other objections except reloading timer.

So, other functionality seems to be OK.

Short link

No sign of zoom mode in list.

Also, we had not receive any other objections except reloading timer.

So, other functionality seems to be OK.

ok, because some people in eu forums said it's now illegal

source 

Short link

ok, because some people in eu forums said it's now illegal

source 

AFAIK, the new list replaces all the old ones.

Thus, the response from the WG employee on August 18, is not relevant.

Short link

Sorry to say that, but I think the WG staff has no clear answer to zoom mods.

I opened a ticket about the zoom levels, the original question was:

In XVM I set the following zooms:
In arcade I can zoom OUT to four times as far as the client default.
The sniper zoom is set to 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32.
In the arty satellite view I set that I can go two times "higher" as client default.
Are my zoom settings legal?

And the answer:

pack_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Short link

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say Thank you to the developers and maintainers of XVM, great stuff. As an newcomer to WoT and XVM it's was an awesome quality of life improvement once I got it installed.

But lets get back to the question of this thread, I think we're focusing on the wrong end of the sentence that WG used, this the the full sentence from the announcement:

• Alerting you when spotted vehicles are reloading, including displaying an enemy's reloading timer

So, being new to WoT I'm assuming that there is an mod out there that some how keeps track of when all vehicles you can see shoot and keep timers for them based on bullit/tracers.

What we have in XVM is an really an HIT timer. I got hit, how long is it before he can shoot at me again, and on top of that it only track the last/latest hit.

Now, since WG have decided to not give reason, it might be safer to just remove it. I for one only rarely have the presens of mind to look at it while I'm being shoot.

But I don't think that XVMs have anything to worry about within it's functionality.

Rhopegorn

Edited by Rhopegorn2

Short link

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say Thank you to the developers and maintainers of XVM, great stuff. As an newcomer to WoT and XVM it's was an awesome quality of life improvement once I got it installed.

But lets get back to the question of this thread, I think we're focusing on the wrong end of the sentence that WG used, this the the full sentence from the announcement:

• Alerting you when spotted vehicles are reloading, including displaying an enemy's reloading timer

So, being new to WoT I'm assuming that there is an mod out there that some how keeps track of when all vehicles you can see shoot and keep timers for them based on bullit/tracers.

What we have in XVM is an really an HIT timer. I got hit, how long is it before he can shoot at me again, and on top of that it only track the last/latest hit.

Now, since WG have decided to not give reason, it might be safer to just remove it. I for one only rarely have the presens of mind to look at it while I'm being shoot.

But I don't think that XVMs have anything to worry about within it's functionality.

Rhopegorn

There is no emphasis on spotted in the original text. By your logic showing the reload timers for unspotted enemies would be fine - which is of course, with all due respect, total nonsense.

Enemies that have shot and hit you are spotted enemies. You can't show their reload timers, no matter if they are spotted or unspotted.

There is also no distinction between "showing when the enemy tank has reloaded" and "showing when the enemy can hit you again".

Even if WG's translations sometimes leave some things to be desired, it's patently clear what the meaning of this rule is: All kind of reload timers are disallowed.

Edited by cokebottle

Short link