Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
MATLOCK

Stats dropping/Stats stuck/Stats not updating

What in the world is going on with XVM lately? I dropped 45 WN8-"points" after Grille was implemented, one dude in MadMen gained 30 after that same implementation. Got approx the same stats in that tank.

Now Scorpion is stuck, so are my stats, I mean completely stuck.

I know somebody out there is doing this pro bono, but hence game is kinda stats based, and we have atleast 5 major sites tracking stats, what's taking that amount of time to get it sorted properly? Having a solid stats "ground" to stand on; having 2 or 3 months of global playing before nailing the numbers for a tank?

I would love if somebody working with XVM could clear out my thinking bumps.

Thanks in advance

• Downvote 1

Short link

What in the world is going on with XVM lately? I dropped 45 WN8-"points" after Grille was implemented, one dude in MadMen gained 30 after that same implementation. Got approx the same stats in that tank.

Now Scorpion is stuck, so are my stats, I mean completely stuck.

I know somebody out there is doing this pro bono, but hence game is kinda stats based, and we have atleast 5 major sites tracking stats, what's taking that amount of time to get it sorted properly? Having a solid stats "ground" to stand on; having 2 or 3 months of global playing before nailing the numbers for a tank?

I would love if somebody working with XVM could clear out my thinking bumps.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I'm a member of the XVM team, and to clear that one up, let me do a translation of seriych's post for you, thoroughly explaining this matter.

Sometimes, when new tanks are added into the game, there are no WN expected values for them yet. WN ratings' devs don't have any regulations for such cases, which means that every service can choose a WN8 rating calculation method for such cases, using their own discretion.

Formally, with the WN8 algorithm you are expected to use account's overall stats and divide them by the number of battles of the tanks that are present in the expected values table only. For example, if you have 1 battle on the MS-1 with 100 damage and 99 battles on some new tank (which doesn't have expected values assigned) with 100 damage as well, then the average damage, judging by the WN8's logic would be: (1*100+99*100)/1=10000). Obviously, this is a wrong method, nevertheless it was initially used by all the services, including XVM, until they encountered such an issue. For a player, this results in an enormous WN8 rating boost, but then (when the expected values for that tank(s) are added) WN8 all of a sudden drops dramatically.

This issue can be solved with various methods, the major ones are the following:

1) Do not count unknown tanks (tanks with no expected values) at all

2) For unknows tanks - use certain independently (not by the WN ratings' team) calculated values (e.g., average values for tanks of the same tier and type).

XVM (and some other services, like "kttc") use the first method. For the first time the solution was implemented in April-May, 2016, however, after some other problem's fix, the solution for the topic's issue stopped working, and the rating for new tanks started calculating wrong again (causing unreasonable growth again). By the end of August the WN8 calculation was fixed once more and now new tanks are not counted again.

The most frequently asked question is "After my WN8 has dropped that much, will I get it back?"

1) Nobody has been reducing your WN8. It had been wrongly calculated before, which resulted in it's unreasonable significant increase. Here's a real example of such an increase:

post-8781-0-85210700-1472983133_thumb.pn

As we can see, it is increasing not because of "hard working" like the "victims" claim, but it is increasing by itself, no matter how good or bad you play. Even 1 (one) average dmg is enough for the rating to grow. And after the fix, it only gets back to what it should be.

2) After the tanks are added to WN expected values table, all these tanks stats are counted in the calculation, and the rating can again go up or down, depending on how good you were playing on these tanks, in comparison to the overall play on your account.

Edited by Andrew05
  • Upvote 4

Short link

Hello, I'm a member of the XVM team, and to clear that one up, let me do a translation of seriych's post for you, thoroughly explaining this matter.

Sometimes, when new tanks are added into the game, there are no WN expected values for them yet. WN ratings' devs don't have any regulations for such cases, which means that every service can choose a WN8 rating calculation method for such cases, using their own discretion.

Formally, with the WN8 algorithm you are expected to use account's overall stats and divide them by the number of battles of the tanks that are present in the expected values table only. For example, if you have 1 battle on the MS-1 with 100 damage and 99 battles on some new tank (which doesn't have expected values assigned) with 100 damage as well, then the average damage, judging by the WN8's logic would be: (1*100+99*100)/1=10000). Obviously, this is a wrong method, nevertheless it was initially used by all the services, including XVM, until they encountered such an issue. For a player, this results in an enormous WN8 rating boost, but then (when the expected values for that tank(s) are added) WN8 all of a sudden drops dramatically.

This issue can be solved with various methods, the major ones are the following:

1) Do not count unknown tanks (tanks with no expected values) at all

2) For unknows tanks - use certain independently (not by the WN ratings' team) calculated values (e.g., average values for the tanks of the same tier and type).

XVM (and some other services, like "kttc") use the first method. For the first time the solution was implemented in April-May, 2016, however, after some other problem's fix, the solution for the topic's issue stopped working, and the rating for new tanks started calculating wrong again (causing unreasonable growth again). By the end of August the WN8 calculation was fixed once more and now new tanks are not counted again.

The most frequently asked question is "After my WN8 has dropped that much, will I get it back?"

1) Nobody has been reducing your WN8. It had been wrongly calculated before, which resulted it it's unreasonable significant increase. Here's a real example of such an increase:

post-8781-0-85210700-1472983133_thumb.pn

As we can see, it is increasing not because of "hard working" like the "victims" claim, but it is increasing by itself, no matter how good or bad you play. Even 1 (one) average dmg is enough for the rating to grow. And after the fix, it only gets back to what it should be.

2) After the tanks are added to WN expected values table, all these tanks stats are counted in the calculation, and the rating can again go up or down, depending on how good you were playing on these tanks, in comparison to the overall play on your account.

Hey Andrew!

That does not explain why the numbers are increasing drastically for some players, and for some it does not. As I said; I dropped 45, teammate gained 30. Similar stats in the tank.

That's around 3K WN8 in Grille 15 during those battles before they got implemented.

The expected values can't be individual for each player, can they? I mean, you ought to have the same expected values for each and every tank and each player, on for example EU-servers?

About the graph; Why can't that be hard working? That big jump is around 300 battles right? If you play at around 4k WN8 within that period without updating, and with that low amount of total battles, I see nothing that strange. Each dot is when you update if I'm not mistaken.

Furthermore, since that micropatch last week or the week before, my stats are stuck, completely stuck. Pushed Update Statistics, two days later it says that last update was five days ago.

Kind of feel that ever since Grille 15 and Scorpion G popped up in the game, XVM and the expected values had a meltdown. I mean we've had new tanks/trees coming in to the game before (Skodas, TVPs, M41 GFs etc.) without breaking the calculation/formula.

I've played around 26k battles, 22k of those steady at 2500 WN8, hence getting tricked to start my WoT-career with Löwe (400 battles) and T-25 (300) my "real" WN8 is about 400 shy of 2400. So I do feel like a victim when I compare ingame stats like Personal Rating (9200), Average Damage (1800) and Average Experience (900) with players that are miles away from that kind of ingame stats but run around with about the same amount of total battles but a WN8 around 2400. I hope you get my point.

• Downvote 1

Short link

Hey Andrew!

That does not explain why the numbers are increasing drastically for some players, and for some it does not. As I said; I dropped 45, teammate gained 30. Similar stats in the tank.

That's around 3K WN8 in Grille 15 during those battles before they got implemented.

The expected values can't be individual for each player, can they? I mean, you ought to have the same expected values for each and every tank and each player, on for example EU-servers?

About the graph; Why can't that be hard working? That big jump is around 300 battles right? If you play at around 4k WN8 within that period without updating, and with that low amount of total battles, I see nothing that strange. Each dot is when you update if I'm not mistaken.

Furthermore, since that micropatch last week or the week before, my stats are stuck, completely stuck. Pushed Update Statistics, two days later it says that last update was five days ago.

Kind of feel that ever since Grille 15 and Scorpion G popped up in the game, XVM and the expected values had a meltdown. I mean we've had new tanks/trees coming in to the game before (Skodas, TVPs, M41 GFs etc.) without breaking the calculation/formula.

I've played around 26k battles, 22k of those steady at 2500 WN8, hence getting tricked to start my WoT-career with Löwe (400 battles) and T-25 (300) my "real" WN8 is about 400 shy of 2400. So I do feel like a victim when I compare ingame stats like Personal Rating (9200), Average Damage (1800) and Average Experience (900) with players that are miles away from that kind of ingame stats but run around with about the same amount of total battles but a WN8 around 2400. I hope you get my point.

I'll get back to this shortly, this requires a long writing :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

My question to this is that my wn8 after playing nearly 200 matches in the skorpian, and doing very well by any standards, dropped 40 points, and on xvm is currently 10 to 15 points less then any other "tank stats" website. (Ex/ wotlabs, wotstats, noobmeter.) I understand the drop in due to a miscalculation and having a overestimated wn8. but I was wondering why there is a difference, it would seem that the other sites didn't even calculate the skorpion stats into the total wn8, while xvm, the mod, set it all the matches wn8 values to zero. 

Also, any idea when the expected values are to be implemented? that should raise the wn8 back up, but understandingly not back to the same values before the drop.

Short link