Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
David Cumming

Need help in displaying marksOnGun in Markers

The new xvm seems to use macros differently and I can no longer show marksOnGun above tanks.

My old config had      "MksOnGun": {"1":"/", "2":"//", "3":"///"},        added to markers.xc at line 20

and                          "format": "{{vehicle}} <font face='Webdings' size='9' color='#00ffff'>{{.markers.MksOnGun.{{marksOnGun}}}}</font>"

in markersAliveNormal.xc at line 78.

This would give me blue bars after the vehicle name for each mark on gun that the vehicle had (to let me know who maybe knew what they were doing!).

I have tried moving the definitions from one file to another but cannot get anything to show up, not bars, not even the numbers 0 to 3.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing?

Thanks

Dave

marksOnGun.zip

Short link

The new xvm seems to use macros differently and I can no longer show marksOnGun above tanks.

It doesn't.

From changelog

config format of the text fields in markers and battleLabels are changed to common extraFields config format

Edited by konrad509

Short link

Thanks to konrad509 for his cryptic reply.

I think that a lot of the problem is that my XVM installation needed a few more days to settle down. Without changing anything my Gunmarks would appear at random.

After changing my code layout I have now got the marks to appear against the correct tanks and attach my file below. The code is on line 84.

I must still work to get the alignment a bit better and also to improve the levelicons for my old eyes!

Thanks to XVM for a good mod.

markersAliveNormal.xc

Short link