Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
demonR6

Cannot get XVM to run since 8.4

Hello, if someone can help me figure out an issue I am having I would appreciate it. I had to reinstall WOT after the 8.4 update because of some problems with the game. Since then I cannot get XVM to work anymore. I reinstalled Dokan, downloaded the latest XVM but it will not work and crashes when I try to run the game from the XVM shortcut. There XVM log is pasted below. 

2013.03.10 10:12:18 XVM Stat v1.4.0.0 for XVM 3.5.0+
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] MountPoint: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\.stat
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] Unmount previous mount
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] Create MountPoint directory
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] Creating server thread
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] Starting server thread
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [D] Dokan thread: Starting main loop
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [i] Timeout: 10000, MountPoint: res_mods\.stat
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [i] Game Region: US (detected)
2013.03.10 10:12:18 [i] System.ArgumentException: The property 'ProxyServers' could not be created from it's default value. Error message: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
                        error CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\Users\demons\AppData\Local\Temp\9ewybyux.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '
                           at System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.Deserialize()
                           at System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.get_PropertyValue()
                           at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
                           at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
                           at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
                           at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
                           at wot.Properties.Settings.get_ProxyServers()
                           at wot.Server.GetProxyAddresses()
                           at wot.Server..ctor(String ver)
                           at wot.Program.StartDokan(Object opt)
2013.03.10 10:12:20 [D] Dokan thread is not alive. Exiting.
2013.03.10 10:12:20 [i] Stopping server

I have given the WOT folder full administrative rights and the Windows account I am using currently is the administrator as well which is the same as how it was before. It was working fine before I had to reinstall the game and I know I must have something missing but I cannot figure it out. Thank you for you help! 

Short link

@demonR6, antivirus/firewall?

Yes, set to Game Mode.. I can check it but I have had the same firewall the whole time so unless the permissions changed when I reinstalled everything but I do not think they would suddenly change?

Short link

Success! The Dokan was being isolated by the AV and being run in a virtual environment to protect the system. It is a neat function but as you can see also a problem. I did check the firewall before but never thought to check the section for Defense + mode and that is where the problem exists. Thank you for your help, I appreciated your time. 

Short link