Korean Random
Andyss

Latest nighly build and 0.9.15.1

okay then that nighly build is useless, have to stick normal version then, dont think so many wants to ruin their graphics, thats really pity have been using nighly builds many years..

Edited by Andyss

Short link

okay then that nighly build is useless, have to stick normal version then, dont think so many wants to ruin their graphics, thats really pity have been using nighly builds many years..

That's a bit over dramatic isn't it? Functionality is still that of a nightly build, it only adds a decal so the legions of people out there with no clue that the modpack they're using doesn't contain a stable XVM, know why functions might not work properly.

And unless you're either actively finding and reporting bugs, or one of the devs mentioned fixing something important to you in the latest nightly, why would you exclusively use nightlies anyway?

Edited by Bartman
  • Upvote 2

Short link

I try to avoid bugs and use always latest sw etc if possible ..  and I like to edit configs, its not over dramatic, I just think that large notification center info is enough to see that one is using nighly build, there is really no reason to ruin game graphics. So do you like those watermarks? and why to publish that nighly at all if its for developers and active problem finders? they could use some closed system, now its open for everyone for testing, but that testing dont need to ruin the game.

Edited by Andyss

Short link

I try to avoid bugs and use always latest sw etc if possible ..  and I like to edit configs, its not over dramatic, I just think that large notification center info is enough to see that one is using nighly build, there is really no reason to ruin game graphics. So do you like those watermarks? and why to publish that nighly at all if its for developers and active problem finders? they could use some closed system, now its open for everyone for testing, but that testing dont need to ruin the game.

It's only briefly visible, and you're missing the point here. The watermark is _not_ intended for the people who download nightlies and know what they're doing, but rather the large share who either just assume they're grabbing a 'working' xvm or don't even know it's a nightly because it's encapsulated in a mod pack.

Short link

I know why its there, but its not needed anymore, after stable release, it was maybe needed when only  nighly one was available. Now when we have stable that notification should really be enough or then make it so that it cant be made on or off via config.  Then those who cant edit configs cant move it and they see its unstable version.

Edited by Andyss

Short link