Korean Random
Andyss

Latest nighly build and 0.9.15.1

got now   vehicle markers to work  it was actually Gambiter damagepanel preventing them to work. Now I need to sort out what is causing that minimap  tank names dont work...? Tank carousel isnt working yet only 1 row...

lol I must be blind Sirmax already adviced  "enable labels in the game settings" to get tank names work,,,,

Edited by Andyss

Short link

got now   vehicle markers to work  it was actually Gambiter damagepanel preventing them to work. Now I need to sort out what is causing that minimap  tank names dont work...? Tank carousel isnt working yet only 1 row...

The minimap isn't working, will be done later.

2 rows in the minimap hasn't been done yet too, and won't be done anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

Short link

First off, A special thanks and shout out to the entire XVM team! They have been working very hard over years time and I want to make sure they know their hard work is appreciated!

Secondly, they do a great job at responding to folks in need, let's be patient and maybe try to help them out if we can.

Thirdly, I did download the nightbuild, and my XVM actually works really well. I have coded/programmed (beginner stuff) to the best of my ability and most things work well. I just want to ask and share notes:

Did the macro for average damage, for that player, in that specific tank macro change? {{tdb%-4.3i}} AKA {{tdb}}

The fonts above the tanks has changed as well, the data is correct, the colors also reflect correctly, but the font is in a bright bold... Should I await for the new XVM to change it back to what it used to look like?

Hitlog works, but it doesn't show the total sum of damage, meaning it shows who I shot and the damage I did, but not the total that it used too. Is this something I need to change on my end or await the new XVM?

I'm assuming that we're all awaiting for the new XVM in regards to the minimap?

Thanks everyone, 

-Seth

Short link

Did the macro for average damage, for that player, in that specific tank macro change? {{tdb%-4.3i}} AKA {{tdb}}

No

The fonts above the tanks has changed as well, the data is correct, the colors also reflect correctly, but the font is in a bright bold... Should I await for the new XVM to change it back to what it used to look like?

Divide "strength" values for shadows by 100.

Hitlog works, but it doesn't show the total sum of damage, meaning it shows who I shot and the damage I did, but not the total that it used too. Is this something I need to change on my end or await the new XVM?

Looks like config issue.

I'm assuming that we're all awaiting for the new XVM in regards to the minimap?

After XVM release. I estimate about 1 month of work to rewrite minimap.

Short link

Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into making XVM the best.  I know there is a crap ton of work to be done and sure hope you all get it figured out (and I know you will) because I myself would hate to not have XVM. I am waiting with excitement for the update to be complete for wot AS3. patience is required for such a huge undertaken/complete overhaul of XVM

You guys rock

• Upvote 3

Short link

No

Divide "strength" values for shadows by 100.

Looks like config issue.

After XVM release. I estimate about 1 month of work to rewrite minimap.

Sirmax, Cheers for hard work! I will look into my coding, I think I just need to bring up my code lines to the new XVM files? Basically create a new @Seth (all XVM files) instead of using the old one I have. My Macro for Average damage is not working... Again, I'll look into it and figure it out. Not sure about he hit log, it's completely new style, my old hitlog only did the sum of damage I did and when I hit "alt" it showed the tanks I did damage too. I programmed it that way. Again, thanks for the response and hard work. :)

Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into making XVM the best.  I know there is a crap ton of work to be done and sure hope you all get it figured out (and I know you will) because I myself would hate to not have XVM. I am waiting with excitement for the update to be complete for wot AS3. patience is required for such a huge undertaken/complete overhaul of XVM

You guys rock

I don't know if these guys ever meet in real life for a beer, but they sure deserve a beer on us. Do you try to write you're own programming as well or?

Does anyone have an example code of how to "Divide "strength" values for shadows by 100."? I've programmed many things on my own, but always at the aid of you guys to help me out. Programming things is pretty tough! I love it though! It's fun to have my own final product.

Short link

Does anyone have an example code of how to "Divide "strength" values for shadows by 100."?

Just remove "00" (two zeros) in every "strength" value :)
i.e. if strength value is "100", you must change it to "1", etc.

I don't know if these guys ever meet in real life for a beer, but they sure deserve a beer on us. Do you try to write you're own programming as well or?

We are live in different parts of the world and most of us have met only on business issues :)

Some of us are fully non-drinkers ;Ъ

• Upvote 1

Short link

If you won't release a stable build very soon, you will end up with bigger problem and more reports from users who will be misslead by this message from one of recent commits:

+You've installed nightly build of XVM, which is not recommended for inexperienced users.
+Some functionality may work incorrectly or may not work at all.
+
+If you are testing XVM, you can ignore this message.
+

+If you're just a player and not a tester of XVM, please use stable version instead of nightly builds. Download stable version from the official website of XVM: www.ModXVM.com

People will go to www.ModXVM.com and download latest stable which is for 0.9.15.0.1. Now imagine how pissed off they will be ;)

Edited by Aslain
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Short link

If you won't release a stable build very soon, you will end up with bigger problem and more reports from users who will be misslead by this message from one of recent commits:

+You've installed nightly build of XVM, which is not recommended for inexperienced users.

+Some functionality may work incorrectly or may not work at all.

+

+If you are testing XVM, you can ignore this message.

+

+If you're just a player and not a tester of XVM, please use stable version instead of nightly builds. Download stable version from the official website of XVM: www.ModXVM.com

People will go to www.ModXVM.com and download latest stable which is for 0.9.15.0.1. Now imagine how pissed off they will be ;)

Sorry Aslain... but that is just a failed attempt to push yourself. You should go on your website and inform all the users of your package that the XVM devs are working very hard. Also learn how to spell please. I'm a very noobish programmer, yet, even I can find a way to program my own XVM. You're popular because of all these individuals hard work. I suggest you pay them respect as they have stated they have been working hard! I might be taking your message the wrong way, and apologize if I do. However, it's important that even WG announced in update that mods like XVM would be impacted by the new AS3 and to please be patient. Please stop trying to pressure the XVM Devs, when they are already working to the max. ;)

Edited by seth_321
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Short link

You don't understand I see. I don't try to make a preasure on devs. I gave an example only.

I don't care if they release stable XVM now or in next month, what I pointing out is an akward message that will lead to confusion. I know they trying to help common users, but common user will simply go and download wrong XVM and it will end up with bigger mess.

Edited by Aslain
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Short link

+1

@Aslain you should tell your users what XVM is not your mod. "Aslain's XVM mod" - this is what really misleading (but you're don't care, does not it?). Call it "Aslain's Config for XVM Mod" or smth.

And while you purposely mislead your users about authorship your attempts point to other things looks hypocritical.

Edited by TwoPizza
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Short link

+1

@Aslain you should tell your users what XVM is not your mod. "Aslain's XVM mod" - this is what really misleading (but you're don't care, does not it?). Call it Aslain's Config for XVM Mod" or smth.

And while you purposely mislead your users about authorship your attempts point to other things looks hypocritical.

OMG, are you serious? Mental problems maybe? 

FYI I am changing this name because yes it was missleading, and it was not on purpose. I had it in plans for long time. Not because you said so mr spagetti.

What I am tryining to do is to help to devs with good ideas, and you mr. are just being an asshole.

Edited by Aslain
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Short link

You don't understand I see. I don't try to make a preasure on devs. I gave an example only.

I don't care if they release stable XVM now or in next month, what I pointing out is an akward message that will lead to confusion. I know they trying to help common users, but common user will simply go and download wrong XVM and it will end up with bigger mess.

I'm a common user... Yet, I know how to find the XVM Forums in English... I know how to make my own XVM... Come out with the truth, you're under fire in your forums because 'Stupid Tankers' think this is all about you! I have a few in my clan, yet, I am a the commander and have to make corrections. You're awesome as Aslain, your name is known and you have a great package! Please just inform that work is being done. You're not pointing out anything that hasn't already been pointed out... Instead of informing the DEVS, maybe inform your users~! 

+1

@Aslain you should tell your users what XVM is not your mod. "Aslain's XVM mod" - this is what really misleading (but you're don't care, does not it?). Call it "Aslain's Config for XVM Mod" or smth.

Exactly! The very thing I absolutely hate! Popularity from others work! In College it is called plagiarism and you get kicked out of the class, if not kicked out of a top school! Aslain needs to cite his work where the work is being done so that all users can have respect. Respect to XVM DEVS for hard work, and respect to Aslain for putting together XVM with awesome mods/package. CITE your work! That is key!

• Upvote 2

Short link

dont want to come between this war , but IMO its slightly misleadin, because it tells to download something that inst available yet.

"If you're just a player and not a tester of XVM, please use stable version instead of nightly builds. Download stable version from the official website of XVM: www.ModXVM.com"

IMO it should tell that  "Download stable version from the official website of XVM: www.ModXVM.com when it comes out"    

because that nighly build is used tens of different "Mod packs" , most people event dont know what is nighly build,  or then add extra line which tell its not ready to the main page of XVM. Its still confusin some people that latest version is  9.15.1 and the earlier was  0.9.15.0.1, if they read carelessly they will end adding that latter. Just my own obsevations what would I do if this would be my project, thanks

Edited by Andyss

Short link

why watermark and hangar notify for nightly built? .....spam spam spam game.... if only testing while wait on offi xvm. :(

CrbwATp.jpg
99K26pJ.jpg

pls add true / false option in xvm config.

• Downvote 3

Short link

because that nighly build is used tens of different "Mod packs"

Then this modpackers are idiots which don't cares about their users but only cares about how fast their modpacks will come out.

or then add extra line which tell its not ready to the main page of XVM.
read carefully

Short link

Then this modpackers are idiots which don't cares about their users but only cares about how fast their modpacks will come out.

read carefully

yep, they should inform also their users, I dont have problems in reading, but some might have

Edited by Andyss

Short link

In Aslain's defense, it must be pointed out that he actually did post notice on his forum about the nightly builds not being entirely stable or functional because of the AS3 change. He warned in his update posts and change logs about it the next day in fact. He also advised people to know that it's the same for all other modpacks that are using nightly builds. Now that being said, the XVM team is working their balls off on this, all the mod creators are working their balls off on it, and people like Aslain, who put together packs for us, are all working their balls off on it too to keep up with it all. SO everyone step back, take a deep breath,  and muster your reserves of patience and civility okay? All will be fine in the end and we'll all have a nice new shiny XVM and modpacks to go with. :)

P.S. If I had any knowledge in code writing or modding anything other than simple .png and .dds stuff yet, I'd pitch in and help if I could. So my hat is off to all of you who can do that stuff! <O

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Short link

Thank god there are still people who got better point of view. So much toxicity from random people here, and for a no reason.

Next time I will write directly to sirmax, like I used to, since the very beginning of XVM developing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Short link