Korean Random
Awatche

xvm and the penetration markers

Yes, I know. There was someone else in Aslains forums but that was it so far. I am really stumped and can't thinkn of the reason.

The only thing I can definitely say is, that it started with 9.13. And I definitely didn't change any settings in game, unless the update did.

What is weird that I managed to have this one game with markers, as described above. I wonder if it had anything to do with Dynamic Resolution Change at all.

Short link

After extensive installs and uninstalls, I narrowed to problem to XVM - even with default settings it makes the penetration holes and bounces invisible. The moment XVM is removed, the holes and bouces show on the tanks.

Short link

After extensive installs and uninstalls, I narrowed to problem to XVM - even with default settings it makes the penetration holes and bounces invisible. The moment XVM is removed, the holes and bouces show on the tanks.

Yes, we had established that as well.

Short link

I'm formatting my machine, only sure way to be rid of any junk wot (or other modpacks) saved in my PC. I'll post the results (probably tomorrow), only bad thing is that should I get rid of the problem, I won't know how to avoid the issue in the future ...

Edited by buster_wot

Short link

You are playing using internal Intel video adapter? Looks like you have no enough resources for running WoT with XVM.

If you have discrete graphics, please show its settings. You can use GPU-Z program for example.

Edited by sirmax

Short link

I am actually using AMD Radeon HD 8750M when playing WoT, sence I have switchable graphics.

These are my graphic setings, they are on low, they have always been this way.

post-34314-0-87471200-1451339736_thumb.jpg

post-34314-0-54055600-1451339738_thumb.jpg

Short link

Have a look at mine. Same problem as he does.

This thing is really weird, fresh windows installation, fresh wot installation, fresh xvm installation => problem ... could it be some driver.

Your configuration is close to my. How you installed XVM? Did you used some "Tweakers"? Please zip and attach res_mods folder.

I just installed latest nVidia driver, and all is still ok. I don't think this is related to the driver, because you have completely different hardware with the same problem. But there must be something common.

Edited by sirmax

Short link

Awatche already attached appropriate replay.
I asked you some questions, can you answer them?

How you installed XVM?

Did you used some "Tweakers"?

Please zip and attach res_mods folder.

I attached a replay - action is from 10:30 to about 9:50. I get shot plenty of times with no trace of anything.

Could you run Awatche's replay and make screenshot at 12:57 like in this message?

Short link

Hello,

I am having this issue too, since 9.12 patch. Installing XVM clean (from the modxvm site) or a customized one made no difference as at the moment the mod was installed, the shell penetration markers disappeared.

However, since 9.13 its behavior changed slightly. From time to time (very rare) I can see the penetration markers on the friendly tanks when spectating them.
But I do not see the penetration markers from the shots those tanks received BEFORE I started spectating them but only for the shells they receive while I am looking at them. So far this has occurred when I was spectating a WZ-131 and an AMX 12t (if it matters at all).
I need to mention that if I switch and spectate another tank and then return to the one I saw the holes on, they will not be present anymore.

I run the game on high, at 1920x1080, advanced render, on a desktop machine running Windows 8.1, GTX 760 2gb, 16gb DDR3 and an i5 4690k.

Short link