Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Catch21

enableEquipAutoReturn: Auto return removable equipment

From the Russian post of the same name. How exactly does this switch work (in hangars.xc)? I've tried loading binos on a tank manually, running the tank out, then unmounting the binos and then running the tank out again, hoping the binos will be autoloaded, but this doesn't happen.

Can someone put up a test scenario we can try, to see exactly how it works. I've also tried setting up a platoon, selecting a tank, then making it 'ready'. On Ktod's (Yevgeny Kiselyov's :thx: ) AutoTelescope mod for example (here or here) this usually works, and this is how I'd ideally like it to work- select a tank and it will automatically load binos, camonet, toolkit (in an order you specify by tank type) depending on the number of slots available, then unload them after battle.

Other mods have you specify the equipment you want, then the system saves the information for the next time you use that vehicle.

Any which way, if someone has figured out how to get this to work, I could use some help with an example- obviously the switch in hangars.xc has to be set to true, and yes from the Russian post I can see the information gets (or should) stored in the directory %appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip .

Thanks.

Edited by Catch21

Short link

as the name says, it does not auto-puts eqiup, it auto-returns.

the mod is applied only on removable equip (Camouflage net, Stereoscope, Toolbox)

for the first time it runs, it learns which equipment is installed on tanks. it also learns which equipment you manually put later on tanks.

when you switch tanks on carousel, it returns the remembered equipment to the current tank.

also, even if on current tank there is no remembered equipment, the mod cares that you will have at least 1 type of each equipment so you can set on this tank.

• Upvote 2

Short link

Thanks. I checked this too, because some mods have worked like this, and for any equipment, not just removable.

So I loaded a BT-2 with binos and a camonet, went and played a battle, then manually dismounted the binos and camonet to put them on my BT-7, which I also then played a battle in and then again manually removed the binos and camonet. Then I went back to my BT-2 and into battle, hoping they would be automatically returned, but they were not.

Can anyone duplicate this? Or what am I missing here? The switch in hangar.xc is I believe set correctly ("enableEquipAutoReturn": true) and XVM is using this file.

Any help appreciated.

Short link

as the name says, it does not auto-puts eqiup, it auto-returns.

the mod is applied only on removable equip (Camouflage net, Stereoscope, Toolbox)

for the first time it runs, it learns which equipment is installed on tanks. it also learns which equipment you manually put later on tanks.

when you switch tanks on carousel, it returns the remembered equipment to the current tank.

also, even if on current tank there is no remembered equipment, the mod cares that you will have at least 1 type of each equipment so you can set on this tank.

Where it's saving that data ?

Is there possible conflicts with mods like AutoEquip/AutoTelescope?

Short link

Where it's saving that data ?

%appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip

Is there possible conflicts with mods like AutoEquip/AutoTelescope?

might be, if we both try to put different items on same slot etc. 

So I loaded a BT-2 with binos and a camonet, went and played a battle, then manually dismounted the binos and camonet to put them on my BT-7, which I also then played a battle in and then again manually removed the binos and camonet. Then I went back to my BT-2 and into battle, hoping they would be automatically returned, but they were not.

i'm sorry, but did you read my post #2?

Short link

Or what am I missing here?

manually dismounted

the mod cares that you will have at least 1 type of each equipment
It will remove equipment automatically if it was the last item of that kind and you will be able to equip it to the next tank. Just don't remove anything manually.
  • Upvote 2

Short link

The secret is not to demount the equipment

Simply put the demountable equipment on whatever tank you want - say from the example above its the BT-2. Play that tank, or not it doesnt really matter, but when you want to play the BT-7 select that tank and select all your demountable equipment and the mod sort it all out for you. IF you mod is working correctly and this feature is enabled you will not be asked to pay for extra equipment it will just automatically switch the equipment from one tank to the other.

Then when you have finished with the BT-7 and want to again play the BT-2 selecting the tank in the hangar will replace all the removable equipment it last had fitted.

• Upvote 1

Short link

%appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip

Thank you, so basicaly we don't need auto equip mod as separate mod anymore right? This is very good news.

Edited by Aslain

Short link

i'm sorry, but did you read my post #2?

Yes, and thank you. My issue was I had 4 pairs of binos and camonets, so it took a while taking 5 vehicles into battle BEFORE the system needed to pull binos/camonet from another vehicle.

It will remove equipment automatically if it was the last item of that kind and you will be able to equip it to the next tank. Just don't remove anything manually.

^ this. You just need to make sure that the 1st time (AFTER you set switch "enableEquipAutoReturn": true in hangar.xc) you run any vehicle out to battle you load up binos/camonet/toolkit (to the extent you have these items and slots available to hold them). That way the system writes out what went out with the vehicle to %appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip\ and file [your_ingame_name]_[server].dat. And that's really the only down side to this versus Kiselyonev's great mod- you have to do it 1st time for every vehicle, whereas his mod used a config file where you just specified the order of mounting where slots were available for binos, camonet, toolkit. It then always mounted to this spec before and then unmounted after each battle. The downside to his mod was where you had exceptions for a particular vehicle within a tank type- for instance only one slot available on a US T20 (already great view range) where you wanted to load a camonet instead of the usual default for medium tanks of binos, camonet then toolkit (where it would have got binos). All in all better since it's now moved into the mainstream XVM 'fold'.

To test, just select a vehicle- the system should automatically put the equipment it had on it the last time it went out to battle. And remember- DON'T remove the equipment manually after battle or that configuration (i.e. without the equipment) will be saved.

Thank you, so basically we don't need auto equip mod as separate mod anymore right? This is very good news.

^ this. Another great result and win from the XVM lads! As OP I'd consider this well and truly wrapped up/closed. Thanks to all who posted and of course the XVM team. :awsm:

Edited by Catch21

Short link

you run any vehicle out to battle
 Where did you get that? Mod learns without going to battles.
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Where did you get that? Mod learns without going to battles.

Yes, ^- thanks. Just put them on a machine, leave them there and mod remembers. If in doubt try it- put on, move to another machine, put on, go back to 1st machine etc....

Short link

I have a problem with the enable Equip Auto Return Function.
At first Yes i know how this Mod works. I had used it before.

Then i had to reset my System and know it doesnt work.
Sooo long. 
Hangar.xc "enableEquipAutoReturn": true, 
AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm at the Location ist no auto_equip Folder.
I have tried to install reinstall deinstall und install it again.

When i go into the game and put Camouflage net and Stereoscope on a Tank and go to the next, 
i must by another Item...

Can someone help me with this problem?

Short link

I have a problem with the enable Equip Auto Return Function.

At first Yes i know how this Mod works. I had used it before.

Then i had to reset my System and know it doesnt work.

Sooo long. 

Hangar.xc "enableEquipAutoReturn": true, 

AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm at the Location ist no auto_equip Folder.

I have tried to install reinstall deinstall und install it again.

When i go into the game and put Camouflage net and Stereoscope on a Tank and go to the next, 

i must by another Item...

Can someone help me with this problem?

attach logs pls

Short link

you have lots of errors in the log. try rename the res_mods folder, unzip only XVM and try without other mods. later you can rename the folder back.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Checked it. Without any Mods it works. So i tried with the Mods and the default XVM Config and it doesnt work....
There must be a Mod that kills that function... very strange.
Here is a fresh xvm.log and pyton.log from a normal start without working function.
I cant see any Errors that can cause such a problem...

python.log

xvm.log

Short link

Checked it. Without any Mods it works. So i tried with the Mods and the default XVM Config and it doesnt work....

There must be a Mod that kills that function... very strange.

Here is a fresh xvm.log and pyton.log from a normal start without working function.

I cant see any Errors that can cause such a problem...

i would start by trying to remove part of the mods and see if it helps, starting from res_mods\0.9.12\scripts\client\gui\mods\mod_tidy_messenger.py

Short link