Korean Random
devlishtanker

spotted and dead markers in player panel

I prefer something a bit more subtle than the light bulbs. In addition they seem to be a little too far out to the left. I can't figure out how to move them closer to the tank icon. So, I figured I would just turn them off. I found the line to disable them and I set it to false. The light bulbs no longer appear but the skull and crossbones of dead players still does.

I have a freshly installed 9.7 version with no other mods. Any idea how I can move the icons closer to the tank icon and/or turn them all off if I decide I don't want them?

Short link

go to alpha.xc, find "spotted" and change all digits in it to 0

That would only make the icons 100% transparent, they would still be functioning, yes?  Is there a way to shut the function off like the light bulbs?  I am just thinking about optimization.

Short link

That would only make the icons 100% transparent, they would still be functioning, yes? Is there a way to shut the function off like the light bulbs? I am just thinking about optimization.

Try the

Battle.xc - allowSpottedStatus: false

Short link

Try the

here is my block of code so you can see the value

// true - enable {{spotted}} macro in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить макрос {{spotted}} в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность
    "allowSpottedStatus": false,
    // true - enable {{hp*}} macros ability in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить возможность {{hp*}} макросов в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность
    "allowHpInPanelsAndMinimap": false,
    // true - enable {{marksOnGun}} macro in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить макрос {{marksOnGun}} в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность

As the OP stated, the light bulbs go away when an enemy is spotted, but the skull and crossbones for dead enemies remain.  Possibly a bug?

Short link

here is my block of code so you can see the value

// true - enable {{spotted}} macro in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить макрос {{spotted}} в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность
    "allowSpottedStatus": false,
    // true - enable {{hp*}} macros ability in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить возможность {{hp*}} макросов в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность
    "allowHpInPanelsAndMinimap": false,
    // true - enable {{marksOnGun}} macro in players panels and minimap. WARNING: performance expensive
    // true - включить макрос {{marksOnGun}} в ушах и на миникарте. ВНИМАНИЕ: может понизить производительность
As the OP stated, the light bulbs go away when an enemy is spotted, but the skull and crossbones for dead enemies remain. Possibly a bug?
attach da config, I'll explore it when get back home

Short link

Thanks for the help Metallist.  I found that you changed the following block in the text.xc file, deleting on each line the information in the second set of " "s:

"spotted": {
      "neverSeen": "",
      "lost": "<font face='xvm' size='23'>p</font>",
      "revealed": "<font face='xvm' size='23'>p</font>",
      "dead": "<font face='xvm' size='23' alpha='#80'>v</font>",
      "neverSeen_arty": "",
      "lost_arty": "<font face='xvm' size='23'>p</font>",
      "revealed_arty": "<font face='xvm' size='23'>p</font>",
      "dead_arty": "<font face='xvm' size='23' alpha='#80'>v</font>"
    },

Following the {{spotted}} reference, I found 4 of the following blocks in the playerPanels.xc file:

"extraFieldsRight": [
        // enemy spotted status marker (see above).
        // маркер статуса засвета (см. выше).
        ${"enemySpottedMarker"}
      ]

I found that commenting out the ${"enemySpottedMarker"} provided the desired result as well.  

My question is, do you think that one method is better than the other in terms of optimization, or does it matter?  My concern is that I don't know whether or not the calls to the {{spotted}} function are executing with either method?  Regardless, I really appreciate the help.

Edited by bluestealth

Short link

This doesn't matter. If you comment it, values from the internal config will be used.

Short link

This doesn't matter. If you comment it, values from the internal config will be used.

Thanks for the response.  Just trying to further understand the code ^^

Short link

Thank you for the help so far. Just to make sure I understand...

There are no true/false options other than Battle.xc - allowSpottedStatus: false which as stated previously turns off the light bulbs but not the skulls.

In order to turn the bulbs and the skull off I can just comment out playerPanels.xc - ${"enemySpottedMarker"}.

If I decide I want to keep them until I get another mod, how do I move them closer to the tank icons? They stick out farther than they need to. Maybe I will keep them if there is a way to dim them down. They are also brighter than I need them to be and are distracting.

Just a reminder, I am working with a fresh stock config for 9.7.

Short link

In order to turn the bulbs and the skull off

To prevent the bulbs and the skull, add in all the modes of the playerspanels:

"extraFieldsLeft": [ ],
      "extraFieldsRight": [ ]

Short link

Hello, i try all this and my light build and dead skulls still work.

alpha.xc find "spotted" and change all digits in it to 0 (done no effect)

"allowSpottedStatus": false,                                       (done no effect)

"allowHpInPanelsAndMinimap": false,                       (done no effect)

bluestealth config.7z                                                   (done no effect)

In order to turn the bulbs and the skull off I can just comment out playerPanels.xc - ${"enemySpottedMarker"}. (find this $ but have no idea what to do with it)

Even save the empty row in conf.editor:

Hit log-> marked for dead (no effect)

And in conf,editor the mark for spotted tanks is star but...in game is bulbs

Any ideas why ?

Short link

@Rado_BGR, take. xvm.xc

P.S. I'm replace macro {{c:rating}}, {{rating%2d~%|--%}} to {{c:winrate}}, {{winrate%2d~%|--%}} at all config.

Edited by jem1510

Short link

Hello. 

I use a default XVM downloaded from the website.

Untill now i used the old XVM with XVM.xc file (modified with the XVM Configuration editor from website) , but in 9.7 i use from the Config folder (because i had some errors from old XVM.xc)

I succeeded to turn on things like dead tanks on minimap, hit log for 5 tanks, 500m cercle, wn8 colors,  server ping in garage.

But i can not turn ON  the "spotted and dead markers in player panel"... 

After reading this topic i looked in the :

- alpha.xc for "spotted" and all are at 100

-Battle.xc - allowSpottedStatus: true

and still nothing works  :(

Can someone help me please ? I want to make it to work.

new XVM(patch 9.7) - no "spotted and dead markers"  0FFayEE.jpg how it looked in the old XVM  (patch 9.6) xQmJm4Q.jpg

dangrig config.rar

Edited by dangrig

Short link

Im trying from yesterday to enable spotted and dead markers in players panel.

This is my single xvm.xc config if anyone can help

Short link

But i can not turn ON  the "spotted and dead markers in player panel"... 

After reading this topic i looked in the :

- alpha.xc for "spotted" and all are at 100

-Battle.xc - allowSpottedStatus: true

and still nothing works  :(

I have exactly the same problem. Default configs for 9.6 used to show spotted markers in playerpanel. Default for 9.7 is not even though they look as if they should.

Short link