Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Latest xvm 5.5.1.3 breaks the carousel

Installing the 5.5.1.3 breaks the garage carousel. Basically when clicking to drag, it goes all weird. (bar empties, then starts getting populated form the right).

I can only move it around via mouse wheel. Re-installing 5.5.1.1 fixes it.

I can post video / carousel.xc if required and it's localized problem.

Short link

Lol. Then you're installed XVM incorrectly. This folder should contains XVM files at least)

Before installing XVM. As in, I don't have any other mod installed.

If I disable the carousel mod (false in .xc), the slider works fine to be dragged.

Edited by Flash

Short link

¨Made fresh install (changed all files) and have the same problem as Flash ...

You did it wrong. Make sure your 0.9.4 folder is empty and delete your entire XVM folder, then install a fresh copy of 5.5.1.3. I just tried myself - when using only the new application.swf with an old version, the carousel breaks. When using the entire new version, the carousel is fine.

For the XVM team, in the future I really recommend making it clearer that not just application.swf (or whatever the file happens to be) has been changed in the patchnotes.

(for clarity, http://dev.modxvm.com/xvm/commits/39556737ccc2f10bb09cdedb63fd91e08307cac7#chg-src/xvm/src/xvm/tcarousel/UI_TankCarousel.as is the commit that changes the carousel. You can clearly see why it'd be broken. It looks like simply updating your xvm-tcarousel.swf file will fix this specific issue.)

Edited by Rexxie
  • Upvote 1

Short link

You did it wrong
No U

Make sure your 0.9.4 folder is empty and delete your entire XVM folder
This way you loose all the settings for mod. There is no need to do that.

For the XVM team, in the future I really recommend making it clearer that not just application.swf (or whatever the file happens to be) has been changed in the patchnotes.
The XVM installarion instruction says to unpack ALL the files from archive, not only Application.swf. What else to say? 

Short link

0.9.5 :)

Woops!

This way you loose all the settings for mod. There is no need to do that.

The XVM installarion instruction says to unpack ALL the files from archive, not only Application.swf. What else to say? 

Yes, but it's idiot-proof to just delete everything.

People don't read installation instructions. It's obvious a lot of people didn't install it correctly just because of the changelog. There's nothing else to say, that's just what happened.

Edited by Rexxie
  • Downvote 1

Short link

it's idiot-proof
It's idiotic, I'd say. If someone is unable to read - let them delete whatever they wish :)
  • Downvote 1

Short link