Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Bleeperman

Old unspotted markers

Hi, thanks for the work in xvm guys.

I would like to know if its possible you show me how to change in playerpanel.xc the old unspotted markers, those what appeared in the left of the tank name, in whitte, instead of the current ones.

Thx in advice.

Short link

Hi, mate!
Use an example of default config and remove all unnecessary features.
You want to edit texts.xc not playerpanel.xc, change "spotted" value in default configuration to something like this:

"spotted": {
      "neverSeen": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#ffffff'>*</font>",
      "lost": "",
      "revealed": "",
      "dead": "",
      "neverSeen_arty": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#ffffff'>*</font>",
      "lost_arty": "",
      "revealed_arty": "",
      "dead_arty": ""
    }

And test it on a replay if it works, hope this helps! :)

• Upvote 1

Short link

Its still working as before.... :(

/**
* Text substitutions.
* Текстовые подстановки.
*/
{
  "texts": {
    // Text for {{vtype}} macro.
    // Текст для макроса {{vtype}}.
    "vtype": {
      // Text for light tanks / Текст для легких танков.
      "LT":  "{{l10n:LT}}",
      // Text for medium tanks / Текст для средних танков.
      "MT":  "{{l10n:MT}}",
      // Text for heavy tanks / Текст для тяжелых танков.
      "HT":  "{{l10n:HT}}",
      // Text for arty / Текст для арты.
      "SPG": "{{l10n:SPG}}",
      // Text for tank destroyers / Текст для ПТ.
      "TD":  "{{l10n:TD}}"
    },
    // Text for {{marksOnGun}}, {{v.marksOnGun}} macros.
    // Текст для макросов {{marksOnGun}}, {{v.marksOnGun}}
    "marksOnGun": {
      "_0": "0",
      "_1": "1",
      "_2": "2",
      "_3": "3"
    },
    // Text for {{spotted}} macro.
    // Текст для макроса {{spotted}}
      "neverSeen": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#ffffff'>*</font>",
      "neverSeen_arty": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#ffffff'>*</font>",
    }
  }
}

Short link

Why the hell i cant change any parameter from text and playerspanel.xc??? even if i delete the spotted market section, nothing happen!!

Can anyone help me???

Short link

probably didn't rename the xvm.xc file to create the loader for the config, still think this should be done by default to begin with.

Short link

>bangs head on wall. ..........Everything was fine until December. .....why do ppl fix whats not broken? Well, I will just deal with the * as the spotted icon cause....I updated last night and it moves the damn things in the middle of my contour icons. Cannot get it to load spotted icons. ........I'm just going to write my own XVM config set and offer a program that ppl can use to actually view the mods they are putting on, just like the online config used to do. Spending 8+ hrs trying to configure this gets old. Everything works fine except the spotted icons, and no matter what advice i try on here it does not work. Luckily, my XVM for 9.4 still does work!

Short link

Thanks for answering.

I have the standar config from the arjfile. I havent changed anything but when i want to do my own configuration, nothing happen in-game, no change, aaaaaaways the same and none of the developers do solutions. None. Im really tired of this versión.

Exactry, where do I have to change the bloody spotted markers parameters, in the bloody xvm.xc or texts.xc or playerspanel or in hell?

Any change in them change nothing in game!!! I just want move those hated markers!!! its harder than land in the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bleeperman

Short link

Everything works fine except the spotted icons
Just check the default config. {{spotted}} macro was created instead of the obsolete marker. This was made due to code optimisation and performance enchancement. Previously the spotted markers were based on minimap info, now the macro is implemented separately. The format for data which is returned by this new macro is set in texts.xc, and the default config uses substitution with this macro that is defined as "spotted" section. This section is substituted in PP as an exrtaField. 

This way gives much more flexibility and better performance.

aaaaaaways the same and none of the developers do solutions.
devs can't manage your files and folders on your computer :no:
  • Upvote 1

Short link

>bangs head on wall. ..........Everything was fine until December. .....why do ppl fix whats not broken? Well, I will just deal with the * as the spotted icon cause....I updated last night and it moves the damn things in the middle of my contour icons. Cannot get it to load spotted icons. ........I'm just going to write my own XVM config set and offer a program that ppl can use to actually view the mods they are putting on, just like the online config used to do. Spending 8+ hrs trying to configure this gets old. Everything works fine except the spotted icons, and no matter what advice i try on here it does not work. Luckily, my XVM for 9.4 still does work!

Upload both configs and explain what you want to achieve.

Thanks for answering.

I have the standar config from the arjfile. I havent changed anything but when i want to do my own configuration, nothing happen in-game, no change, aaaaaaways the same and none of the developers do solutions. None. Im really tired of this versión.

Exactry, where do I have to change the bloody spotted markers parameters, in the bloody xvm.xc or texts.xc or playerspanel or in hell?

Any change in them change nothing in game!!! I just want move those hated markers!!! its harder than land in the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell, preferably.

We already told you, load proper config in xvm.xc - crystall ball not implemented yet, xvm doesn't know which to use.

• Upvote 1

Short link

devs can't manage your files and folders on your computer :no:

It doest help.

We already told you, load proper config in xvm.xc - crystall ball not implemented yet, xvm doesn't know which to use.

It does.

Im trying to undestand, sometimes successfully how xvm works.

I have the same xvm.xc since 4 updates. there, the spottedmarkes have the configuration i wish, but its different in tests.xc and playerspanel.xc.

Should i copy the same config that apeared in my xvm file, to tests.xc or semithing like that?

sorry guys but this xvm is being frustating for me

Short link

just keep patient and we will explain everything from the very beginning to you :)

I have the same xvm.xc since 4 updates.
Does it contain settings? Or just a link to other file? 
  • Upvote 1

Short link

It does.

Im trying to undestand, sometimes successfully how xvm works.

I have the same xvm.xc since 4 updates. there, the spottedmarkes have the configuration i wish, but its different in tests.xc and playerspanel.xc.

Should i copy the same config that apeared in my xvm file, to tests.xc or semithing like that?

Does it? Indeed?

Your explanations are lacking, zip and upload your whole /configs folder. I won't hazard a guess now...

• Upvote 1

Short link

Does it contain settings? Or just a link to other file? 

It contains settings I have been customizing though the updates. This update xvm config works fine but doenst the spottedmakers how I wrote in xvm.xc

xvm.xc spottedmarkers section, this is how it worked:

"playersPanel": {

"alpha": 60,

"clanIcon": { "alpha": 90, "h": 16, "show": true, "w": 16, "x": 0, "xr": 0, "y": 6, "yr": 6 },

"enemySpottedMarker": {

"Xoffset": -22,

"Yoffset": -2,

"enabled": true,

"format": {

"artillery": { "dead": "", "lost": "", "neverSeen": "", "revealed": "" },

"neverSeen": "<FONT FACE=\"$FieldFont\" SIZE=\"24\" COLOR=\"#DDDDDD\">*</FONT>",

"revealed": ""

}

A white * appeared in the left of the enemy icon tank in player panel, and if it were spotted, the * desappears. Now it works different:

When the tank is spotted, a yellow * appears, and if tank vanishs, a grey * one instead. (in the right of the tank icon)

Tests.xc confing for spottedmarkes is the following:

},

// Text for {{spotted}} macro.

// Текст для макроса {{spotted}}

"neverSeen": "",

"lost": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#999999'>*</font>",

"revealed": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#00DE00'>*</font>",

"neverSeen_arty": "",

"lost_arty": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#999999'>*</font>",

"revealed_arty": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#DE0000'>*</font>",

}

}

}

In playerspanel:

{

// Enemy spotted status marker format for substitutions in extra fields.

// Подстановка для дополнительного поля с маркером статуса засвета

"enemySpottedMarker": {

// Opacity percentage of spotted markers in the panels. 0 - transparent (disabled) ... 100 - opaque.

// Прозрачность в процентах маркеров засвета в ушах. 0 - полностью прозрачные (отключены), 100 - не прозрачные.

"alpha": 100,

// x position.

// положение по горизонтали.

"x": -85,

// y position.

// положение по вертикали.

"y": 8,

// true - x position is binded to vehicle icon, false - binded to edge of the screen.

// true - положение по горизонтали отсчитывается от иконки танка, false - от края экрана.

"bindToIcon": true,

// enemy spotted status marker format.

// формат маркера статуса засвета.

"format": "{{spotted}}",

// shadow (see below).

// настройки тени (см. ниже).

"shadow": {}

},

No matter what the changes I make, doent no changes in game. Allways the new spottedmarkes config.

I hope it helps.

Your explanations are lacking, zip and upload your whole /configs folder. I won't hazard a guess now...

Due to i have no idea of programming or whatever it is, but with a massive effort during months and months doing trial and error, finally I got undersand some features.

Thats why I dont want to ask and ask in forum for every single number, i preffer do it by my own and try to understand how it works, and Thats why i do not know, what exactry you people need to help me.

If you are a good programmer or developer or xvm expert: congratulations.

Edited by Bleeperman

Short link

No matter what the changes I make, doent no changes in game. Allways the new spottedmarkes config.

I hope it helps.

Due to i have no idea of programming or whatever it is, but with a massive effort during months and months doing trial and error, finally I got undersand some features.

Thats why I dont want to ask and ask in forum for every single number, i preffer do it by my own and try to understand how it works, and Thats why i do not know, what exactry you people need to help me.

If you are a good programmer or developer or xvm expert: congratulations.

That is commendable and we will be glad to tutor you further. That's why i asked for full /configs folder, to get a grasp on what you currently have.

First, to answer your immediate problem:

Put in relevant sections of "spotted" entries you had previously - they are what appears in certain states, names are intuitive. You need then to call {{spotted}} macro in extraFields, directly or via what devs done as immitation of previous config. When in doubt, ALWAYS consult default folder, in there is what is loaded in case of faulty config and it is an example how everything works in latest version.

Color is in RRGGBB format, you can check exact values on web, there is multitude of online tools for that. 

Now, some general things:

use configs/xvm.xc as a loader only (see .sample file), pointing to your own folder with modified config (eg. /configs/Bleeperman/@xvm.xc). Temporarily, you can just rename your single-file config and put it there but for future i suggest trimming it to the same file structure as /default - you will find it easier to compare and find yourself in that mess ;) .

Every update pay attention to doc/changelog-en.txt and alter your config. There are also readme and macros descriptions in /doc.

If your config doesn't load, it means it's broken and you can check when you made mistakes in xvm.log in main wot folder - this file reloads after closing the game, keep that in mind.

Edited by nixxxie
  • Upvote 1

Short link

It contains settings I have been customizing though the updates.
This means you should not edit anything except this file. Add this code inside of texts{} section
      "neverSeen": "<font face='$FieldFont' size='24' color='#DDDDDD'>*</font>",
      "neverSeen_arty": "",
    } 

and an extraField to the used subsection of playerPanels in the same file

"extraFieldsRight": [
{"x": -10, "y": 8, "bindToIcon": true, "format": "{{spotted}}", "alpha": 100}//spotted
]

Fit the coordinates to finish.

If you want to remove those stars in some PP mode completely - create an empty "extraFieldsRight": [] for that mode to override the default field with stars.

use configs/xvm.xc as a loader only (see .sample file), pointing to your own folder
Not necessary the folder. What I have is 
${"random.xc":"."}
//${"company.xc":"."}

which just points to the files in the same folder. I prefer single file structure. Maybe he does too :)

• Upvote 1

Short link

My config is different from default too, and you can even redirect somewhere else from /configs folder but that's not the point. What i proposed is easier for newbies: no wall of text to get lost in and easy way to compare against master config which is always correct and up to date.

If you use more than one file per config, separate folder is advisable.

• Upvote 1

Short link

I see... so before, xvm.xc file managed all configuration, and now is only used for "start" the configuration divided in sections in config/default folder or something like that, doent it?

The problem sech_92 is what my xvm.xc file hasnt texts and extrafieldright sections 0_o, that only appears in texts.xc and playerspanel.xc in default folder.

Ive tryed to write it in those files, but nothing happened...

Edited by Bleeperman

Short link

The problem sech_92 is what my xvm.xc file hasnt texts and extrafieldright sections 0_o
That is OK, you may add it.

The thing is if a config parser doesn't find the section in your file - it refefs to the built-in one (that is hardcoded into .swf file, not the one in config/default folder).

Ive tryed to write it in those files, but nothing happened...
It is cause you don't have links to those files in your config.

now is only used for "start" the configuration
It May be used for that purpose. I did that stuff because I made 2 separate configs: with nicks and without them. Before that I used a single xvm.xc for all settings. This is considered obsolete (for some reason that I can't understand) and there is a script by seriych to convert it to multiple files.

P.S. When addin your blocks - watch carefully for the comas ;)

• Upvote 1

Short link

Sech, the only reason it is obsolete, is the one that overwhelming majority of single-file configs are generated with Online Editor, some people still use it. Otherwise, no problem, but it is advisable to change name/move to subfolder (what you did, too), just in case you won't overwrite it accidentally.

Bleeperman, you have to treat your config as a single entity, no matter how many files it has. If you use a file, it has to be pointed to and loaded from some another file, so everything still mimicks single-file. Because if not loaded, then not present - only present as hardocoded default values (what Sech already mentioned). I advised you, so it is easier for you in future - but if you are good enough in reading and managing single wall of text, than do as you prefer.

xvm.xc became a "loader" because it is the ONLY file xvm reads - all other files have to be called (and it is the only place to start calling from :P ). Once you can do it, you can call as many others and from as many different places, as you wish. Example being @xvm.xc used as config parts loader, but hangar.xc calls carousel xc and minimap.xc calls several other files (in default). 

the only thing you have to is to feed xvm values you want to be different from default, and it doesn't matter in which order you do it.

Regarding comas, good trick is to put empty block {} at the end of the array, that way all other end with comas :) .

• Upvote 1

Short link