Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
zunguzen

Country flags

Yea I tried implementing this into the code. Since I have used the online XVM editor (how idiot i am..) I have every single setup in 1 file, which is @xvm.xc.. And copying all those into the different files... no thank you :D

Now for the sake of simplicity, I'm gonna copy in the code of the "large" and the "countryFlag" function that was meant to do the trick :). I don't know which icon refers to this language in this russian editor, but I have tried ;)

There is a syntax error hiding somewhere in there judging by the image I posted below, and I just cannot figure out where it is... I have been staring at it for an hour and just can't find it...

"countryFlag": {
	  "alpha": "{{alive?70|30}}",
	  "x": -95,
	  "y": 6,
	  "bindToIcon": true,
	  "src": "xvmres/icons/lang/{{region|EU}}/{{language|default}}.png",
	  "enabled": true
	},
    "large": {
	  "nickFormatLeft": "<font alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'><font color='{{c:wn8}}'>{{nick%.19s~...}}</font></font>",
	  "nickFormatRight": "<font alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'><font color='{{c:wn8}}'>{{nick%.19s~...}}</font></font>",
      "vehicleFormatLeft": "<font alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'><font color='{{c:t-rating}}'>{{vehicle}}</font></font>",
	  "vehicleFormatRight": "<font alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'><font color='{{c:t-rating}}'>{{vehicle}}</font></font>",
	  "fragsFormatLeft": "{{frags}}",
	  "fragsFormatRight": "{{frags}}",
          "width": 110,
          "extraFieldsLeft": [$("countryFlag")],
          "extraFieldsRight": [$("countryFlag")]
    },

'Error message I get when I load up a replay'

Edited by Shadow0013

Short link

"Russian editor" being? Because, you know, Online Editor is half a year obsolete now... It's not the matter of single/multi-file config; the problem is what IS in said config and much has changed.

Short link

Hallo guys,

I am looking to solve the same problem with the right country flag in WoT.

I am from The Netherlands and every time the EU flags shows up in the start sceen.

How can i solve this problem, I am totally not technical and hope one of you will help me writing step by step to solve this problem. In which folder/file do i need to make changes ? etc.etc.

Thank you for your understanding and look forward you any of your reactions,

All the best,

Greetz,

VZ

Short link

your own country flag will eventually show up but it takes a little time , it will show the default EU flags until the server updates , rest assured it will display

Short link

You can also disable "showing" EU flag, changing default.png to empty.png in case of missing language info. That way it won't hurt your OCD brain ;) .

Short link

Hi,

seeing that I can not find my county flag and we are from Africa... would it be possible to add South Africa to the flags? We do have a lot of players and I am not from EU which I assume is the default it picks when the country can not be found...

Skande

Short link

{{language}}    │ X │ X │ X │ X │ X │ player's client language

That would be my WOT client language and no PC setting?

Will I be able to adjust any file to get my flag?

As the flag is not there currently in the xvm (or im missig it) nobody else will see my country?

Short link

As the flag is not there currently in the xvm (or im missig it) nobody else will see my country?
 nobody else will see you country because:

{{language}} - language macros, not country

Short link

Looked at the API and yes unless they use your actual country the closes you will get for now wil be as it currently is. Trying to find out if such personal info will be in the API but I assume the request was done before.

Short link

Why do I get UK flag when I'm from Romania (Eastern Europe)? Not even close to UK, it's on the other side of the continent.

Short link

Why do I get UK flag when I'm from Romania (Eastern Europe)? Not even close to UK, it's on the other side of the continent.

Flag is not an indicator of country. Flag is an indicator of client language. It does not depends on geography at all.

Edited by Uti-Puti

Short link

Flag is not an indicator of country. Flag is an indicator of client language. It does not depends on geography at all.

Ah, well that makes so much more sense now :D

Short link

The flag is depended from language selected in the launcher.

But I don't understand why there are more languages in the xvm folder than there are to choose from in the client itself?

'Language'

vGSNZ7Y.png

Short link

why there are more languages in the xvm folder than there are to choose from in the client itself?
 roaming

Short link

But I don't understand why there are more languages in the xvm folder than there are to choose from in the client itself?

'Language'

vGSNZ7Y.png

There are a lot more regions than only EU ) With their specific languages)

RU, Asia, KR, NA)

Edited by Uti-Puti

Short link