Korean Random
Polyacov_Yury

Установщик источников света и моделей (Фары на Танках) + Контроллер времени суток на картах (Ночные бои) (сломан)

В 01.04.2018 в 22:51, Willster419 сказал:

I tried running the mod with only the base json file, and the json file for "spotlight on selected tank", and it still crashed. I will try it again with only the act of having the mod installed (no models) and report what happends

So, what were the results?

This is actually an important test. It would indicate if an error is in the fake model skeleton I attach to every vehicle to be able to attach the lights and models or is it the lights or models themselves.

Short link
7 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

So, what were the results?

This is actually an important test. It would indicate if an error is in the fake model skeleton I attach to every vehicle to be able to attach the lights and models or is it the lights or models themselves.

I agree, it was interesting. I ran two tests:

Test one: only the base mod. It worked, no crash to desktop.

Test two: with the spotlight again, it did not work, crashed to desktop at the end of the battle. 

I have provided two zip files for each test. They have:

-My mods and res_mods folders exact files used during the test

-The screenshot before pressing battle of the mods settings page, showing loaded configs, models, etc.

-The python.log for each session.

I also noticed a models debug file, if you would like, I can run the tests again with it enabled to help you debug.

Just tell me what else you need to fix it, and I can help as quick as I can :)

mods_setup_no_models.zip

mods_setup_only_spotlight.zip

• Upvote 1

Short link
51 минуту назад, Willster419 сказал:

I agree, it was interesting. I ran two tests:

Test one: only the base mod. It worked, no crash to desktop.

Test two: with the spotlight again, it did not work, crashed to desktop at the end of the battle. 

I have provided two zip files for each test. They have:

-My mods and res_mods folders exact files used during the test

-The screenshot before pressing battle of the mods settings page, showing loaded configs, models, etc.

-The python.log for each session.

I also noticed a models debug file, if you would like, I can run the tests again with it enabled to help you debug.

Just tell me what else you need to fix it, and I can help as quick as I can :)

mods_setup_no_models.zip

mods_setup_only_spotlight.zip

Holy cow... That was a wonderful response. Can't remember the last time a user would be so polite and helpful.. Thank you very-very much. You gave me back the belief in humanity...

If it wouldn't be a big concern, try running the last test with the modelDebug.json enabled. It would narrow up the cause greatly. I already believe that the crash is caused by light sources only, but the model test would confirm that and I could start whipping up a fix.

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Short link
8 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

Holy cow... That was a wonderful response. Can't remember the last time a user would be so polite and helpful.. Thank you very-very much. You gave me back the belief in humanity...

If it wouldn't be a big concern, try running the last test with the modelDebug.json enabled. It would narrow up the cause greatly. I already believe that the crash is caused by light sources only, but the model test would confirm that and I could start whipping up a fix.

Thanks again.

Sure thing, as a developer I understand how helpful log files, screenshots, etc. can be. They are the keys to debugging.

I still have the second test installed, when I get home I'll run it again with the debug setting and report back.

---message two (for some reason, the website "merges" replies)---

as promised, I ran the two tests again with the debug setting on. Here's what happened:

Test with debug models and spotlight - crash

Test with debug only - no crash.

The files - same idea as last time, but I also included some pictures from during the battle, in case they help.

I really hope you can fix this mod, it is one of my favorite, and one of the popular ones in the modpack ;)

mods_setup_only_debug.zip

mods_setup_spotlight_debug.zip

Edited by Willster419
  • Upvote 1

Short link
11 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

Well.. I fixed the issue. Thank you very much for testing. Archives are re-uploaded, mod is fully ready for general usage.

Unfortunately, the issue still exists. I still had a crash to desktop when I tested it today.

I verified by downloading the new LampLights and LampLights_Headlight 10 mins ago.

In the python log it shows version 2.2.3.1

To make sure we are on the same page, I have already updated my video card drivers and ran the repair tool from the game center. Is there any other info about my pc that you need?

New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip

Edited by Willster419

Short link

Uploaded another attempt on fixing this issue. You can't do much, if garbage collector is an uncollectable garbage itself...

This fix works for me, but you should test it out yourself as well.

Short link
On 4/12/2018 at 5:48 AM, Polyacov_Yury said:

Uploaded another attempt on fixing this issue. You can't do much, if garbage collector is an uncollectable garbage itself...

This fix works for me, but you should test it out yourself as well.

Sorry for delay

I will try this later today and let you know.

I also, for verification, asked several other people to test this mod, and no one has reported issues. So if this does not work, it sounds like it's an isolated issue with just my PC. I don't know where, but I will try to find it out and let you know.

Short link

Well, I get that issue as well. The only recipe I know is to survive until the end of battle and wait until the "Victory!" sign appears.

Maybe the people you've asked don't survive?)

Short link
13 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

Well, I get that issue as well. The only recipe I know is to survive until the end of battle and wait until the "Victory!" sign appears.

Maybe the people you've asked don't survive?)

Oh, I thought I was the only one with the issue. It must be very rare then.

When I tested with a few people, we went into a training room and ended the room with kill/cap, to bring up the "Victory!" sign. I can't speak for the other 5 or 6 people, but they said they tested in training rooms and did the same thing.

What I have found additionally is that the graphics settings do not have any affect, it still crashed. If it helps, I can ask the testers for the graphics card type, or other info if you wish. There must be a common hardware type or software that causes this issue.

It's the same setup as last test, so i assume you don't need the whole res-mods folder setup, picture, etc. let me know if that is not the case.

python.log

Short link

Today is the day.

I spent 4 hours actually playing this game. On Churchill I versus 7-tier tanks, for example. Trying my best to survive. To achieve victory.

Then I found out that when I leave the battle via ingame menu - it crashes as well. Several seconds of digging the code - and the fix was done. The game stopped crashing for me.

The fix was uploaded a couple seconds ago. Check it out. But I'm pretty sure that it was nailed.

• Upvote 1

Short link
7 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

Today is the day.

I spent 4 hours actually playing this game. On Churchill I versus 7-tier tanks, for example. Trying my best to survive. To achieve victory.

Then I found out that when I leave the battle via ingame menu - it crashes as well. Several seconds of digging the code - and the fix was done. The game stopped crashing for me.

The fix was uploaded a couple seconds ago. Check it out. But I'm pretty sure that it was nailed.

I can confirm that the fix works here as well. Tried different configurations, and they all worked without issues.

On behalf of everyone in the modpack who uses this, big thanks!

Short link

Стало мне скучно немного вечерком. Всё, кроме КамоСелектора, обновил под текущий патч. Насчёт того, сломается ли что-то из-за микропатча - не знаю, будем посмотреть.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Hello, I see you have added a new file: PYSupport.wotmod, which only contains 1 python file.

Can you explain what this file is? I tried to find it on your github but was unable to find any information.

EDIT: Yes, it has the word "support" in it, so I have an idea, but can I get more detail? :)

EDIT2: what is "AppreciationBadges.wotmod"?

Edited by Willster419

Short link
11 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

Youu can read all about them in this topic.

Thank you! I did not know that this existed; a single place to download all your mods. This is a gold mine!

I do have one question, however:

What exactly does PYSupport do?

I saw this post:

but i think some of the translation is wrong.

All that I understood from the message is:

-You want to get some money for your work, which is understandable.

-It is an optional separate file.

-You promise it is not a virus/malware/etc.

-It will make a spot in the python log file.

But unfortunately it only says that it "makes" 200kb of network traffic. What traffic does it make? Where does it connect?

I am not accusing you of anything, I just want to know. I have been using your mods for years and wish to support you, but I would like to know what I am installing :)

Short link
13 часов назад, Willster419 сказал:

But unfortunately it only says that it "makes" 200kb of network traffic. What traffic does it make? Where does it connect?

I am not accusing you of anything, I just want to know. I have been using your mods for years and wish to support you, but I would like to know what I am installing :)

It just silently visits a page on my site, which redirects its visitor to an advertisement page, and, after it's loaded - closes it, quickly enough so that any background video is not able to start playing.

At the moment, that page is nullified, because I'm in the process of switching hostings.

So, those 200kb that get downloaded - are a harmless advertisement page. At least, that's what my monetisement partner promotes. There was an incident with a disabled bitcoin miner, that nonetheless triggered anti-virus software, but that is resolved ages ago.

Short link

Так я и не понял, меняет время суток, но не меняет освещение? Мне нужно, поменять просто освещение на всех картах, установить солнце, например, на 5 часов утра, можно ли это сделать?

Edited by Nocode

Short link

Написано же:

Цитата

В 1.0.0 мод был сломан. Он все еще успешно меняет время суток, вот только на картах теперь для любого времени освещение одинаковое.

Время суток имеется в виду "техническое".

Short link

Спустя долгое время, шапки топиков были обновлены.

Все моды (кроме КамоСелектора :P) работают на версии 1.2. Качайте и пользуйтесь на здоровье :)

Short link