Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
ratcyk

Unable to sign in (not fixed!) after 9.2 patch

I have reinstalled XVM and reinstalled World of Tanks and still cannot sign in to xvmmod web site for NA Server after patch 9.2 came out.  I can get to the sign in page fine for any other region, just not NA.  Since I cannot sign in, I cannot "Activate" statistics and therefore cannot see the statistics during game play.  When I try to sign in, it takes a few minutes of thinking and then give error 504:Gateway time out.  

I am running World of Tanks 9.2 and XVM 5.3.3.  All features of XVM are working (view range circles, enemy last spotted positions, etc), just none of the statistics.  

Short link

Looks like problems on WG's side are started again. Such problems periodically appears on the NA auth server. We can only suggest wait and try to add client later.

Thanks for your message.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

TY for your reply Mr13.  

What is strange is if the issue is with WOT auth server, why can I log into WOT with no issues and play just fine?  

Also why can others sign in to your site and select NA Server just fine?  

Seems odd only some have this problem and it persists. (

Short link

I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, UNABLE TO SIGN IN. TIME OUT ERROR 504. THIS PROBLEM ONLY STARTED WITH THE NEW PATCH, I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE NEW XVM INSTALLED IT, AND NOW I CAN'T ATTIVATE IT. PLEASE FIX IT!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

Update:  I just tried signing in from a different location which is a completely different subnet thinking maybe this was an issue with my home network/router.  Nope.  On a computer that has no WoT installed, no XVM installed, nothing, just coming to the xvmmod web site and trying to sign in I get the exact same error.  I did this from a computer that I had never used before so there couldn't be any knowledge of my XVM or WoT account anywhere on it.  After this test, on this same computer, I was able to log in to my WoT account with no problem, so there does not appear to be any issue on the WG side with authentication.

This appears to be an issue with XVM, not WoT or Wargaming side.  I hope this helps you to track down the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

As i said before: We'll investigate this problem and make everything that depends on us to fix it asap.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

I submitted a ticket to WG but expect a canned response along the lines of we don't support 3rd party mods.  And the thread I opened has been locked,  very frustrating.

Short link

This is definitively a problem with XVM. the domain accounts.modxvm.com is issuing the error, not WG's, and I am able to log in with Wargaming's OpenID to other sites like WoTLabs without issues so the OpenID thingy is working as intented.

Either WG banned modxvm.com IP for whatever reasons (maybe too many requests) or they screwed up something in their server.

Short link

Either WG banned modxvm.com IP for whatever reasons (maybe too many requests) or they screwed up something in their server.

We are asked WG about this, waiting for an answer.

• Upvote 1

Short link

We are asked WG about this, waiting for an answer.

Thank you sirmax.  

And thanks for a great mod!     :thx:

Short link

Category: World of Tanks
Sub-category: Technical Support

I cannot activate XVM client via NA Authentication Server. I get one of two error messages

"504 Gateway Timeout"

or

"502 Bad Gateway"

This has been going on for almost 4 days. When will Wargaming get this fixed?

=================================================================
Replies:

R** C** Yesterday at 16:59

Dear Tanker,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming NA Support!

While mods are allowed (even the ones that seemingly do not provide much of an advantage, or change), we do not officially support them as they are third party programs.

You are welcome to use mods, however, it is possible that they may be the cause of the extended load times, game crashes, and other unwanted errors with your game client.

Please keep in mind that we are not responsible for issues caused to the client should you decide to use third party modifications. Neither do we provide support for third-party mods, you will need to   contact the mod maker/website with any support inquiries.

We are sorry we cannot provide any assistance in this regard and cannot provide a solution. We hope you continue to enjoy World of Tanks despite this setback.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
    R** C**

Wargaming America Support

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/
    Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Short link

Novahax, what you wanted to say with this useless copy-paste?

it means that WG has nothing to do with the ongoing issue in the XVM activation of statistics in the NA region,hope that XVM developers would be able to fix this the soonest the possible :gawi::flag::bawi:

Short link

it means that WG has nothing to do with the ongoing issue in the XVM activation of statistics in the NA region,hope that XVM developers would be able to fix this the soonest the possible :gawi::flag::bawi:

No. It means that WG support can't do anything with this issue. But we already contacted with WG developers and this issue is under their investigation now.

WG support ≠ WG

WG support ≠ WG Developers

Support is not involved in the solution of problems of this kind. It is not included in the scope of their responsibilities and competencies.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Is there a workaround for the stats activation?

Can we have an alternate way to do so?

Thanks !

Short link

I like TromPT's suggestion. it might be a bit of work, but it would satisfy the increasing amount of players without xvm. even if it was temporary.

I have tried logging in on internet explorer, firefox, googlechrome, and have the same problems with all three. anytime i click the loginbutton, it gives me the pop-out, then when i select a region, it thinks forever and gives me a gateway 502. this is the same for any region i click, NA EU etc. and happens on modxvm.com and modxvm.com/en while i am on any page attempting to login.

I hope you solve our problems soon, thanks alot for the awesome mod!

Short link

+1 for alternate auth...

Seems to me that the problem is not with the actual stats activation, only logins for modxvm.com (that you need in order to activate stats for an account)...

You ought to have a local login method that can be linked with a WG auth for easy login, rather than relying 100% on using WG auth for your site login (similar to many other sites that offer fb/twitter/google auth, but still have local logins)

Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious, and you guys are already working on something like this, but all the responses I have seen so far indicate that you are sitting around waiting for WGNA to fix this when it seems pretty clear to me that they have blocked auth requests from your site on purpose -- every other site that uses WGNA auth is currently working, as far as I can tell...

...also, thanks for all your hard work on this awesome mod! 

We do appreciate it, even if all you ever hear are complaints  :)

Short link

Hello,

I have not seen anything that indicates any reasonable level of concern over the fact that all of your North American users will be alienated within the next ten days if this issue is not resolved.

I have not read anything indicating that you have definitely isolated the problem to someone else' domain.

I have not had any problem reaching, using, or signing in at WG.

I have not had any problem getting the sign in dialog when I choose any other region other than NA.

I have no idea why I feel so strongly about losing such a GREAT piece of work.

I have no idea how long it will take me to become comfortable playing without stats.

I have no idea how I will convince my family to move off of the continent so I can have my stats.

The only thing I have seen is that you asked WG to look into the problem....(Once)

I HAVE seen one real good idea to just DO AWAY with the whole recurring activation scheme! just we can all just go back to our game.

Please consider that suggestion, so we can all just go back to our game, until you can iron out the issue with WG

Please get this corrected.

Short link

Thanks for your feedback and patience, guys!

As a temporary solution we have activated all expired NA tokens manually. Please, check it out.

They will be active within the week, we hope that this is enough time to investigate this problem together with WG developers. We'll make everything that depends on us to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

UPD: Problems with activation should be gone by now. Please, check it. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Short link