Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
damnrussians

how to configure new minimap circles

so, how do I setup xvm minimap circles to behave EXACTLY like the Omegaice version?

I want:

fixed 50m circle

fixed 445m circle (max. spotting range)

actual VIEWRANGE circle (max. 445m)

actual VIEWRANGE-Binocular circle (max. 445m) (do not display when tank has no binos)

in theory I can have 4 circles on my minimap.

I DO NOT want:

dynamic circle switch when binocular on/off.

you guys should have 1:1 copied omegaice version. Your version currently is implemented crappy. It needs a lot of work.

Edited by damnrussians
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Short link

your settings should look like that

"view": [
            // Main circles:
            // Основные круги:
            { "enabled":  true, "distance": "blindarea", "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.75, "alpha": 80, "color": "0x3EB5F1" },
            { "enabled":  true, "distance": 445,         "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.1, "alpha": 45, "color": "0xFFCC66" },
            // Additional circles:
            // Дополнительные круги:
            { "enabled": true, "distance": 50,          "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.75, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xFFFFFF" },
            { "enabled": false, "distance": "standing",  "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xFF0000" },
            { "enabled": false, "distance": "motion",    "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0x0000FF" },
            { "enabled": false, "distance": "dynamic",   "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0x3EB5F1" }
        ],

I DO NOT want:

dynamic circle switch when binocular on/off.

hm, i was wrong

try this code:

"view": [
            // Main circles:
            // Основные круги:
            { "enabled":  false, "distance": "blindarea", "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.75, "alpha": 80, "color": "0x3EB5F1" },
            { "enabled":  true, "distance": 445,         "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.1, "alpha": 45, "color": "0xFFCC66" },
            // Additional circles:
            // Дополнительные круги:
            { "enabled": true, "distance": 50,          "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.75, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xFFFFFF" },
            { "enabled": true, "distance": "blindarea_standing",  "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xFF0000" },
            { "enabled": true, "distance": "blindarea_motion",    "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0x0000FF" },
            { "enabled": false, "distance": "dynamic",   "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.0, "alpha": 60, "color": "0x3EB5F1" }
        ],
Edited by leecher88

Short link

ok tested with a replay.

circles are there, but it still does this annoying size switch when binos are on/off.

So I only get one dynamic circle, not 2 fixed.

Short link

I updated my post. You should test it in battle. XVM takes info from hangar to count a view

Short link

you guys should have 1:1 copied omegaice version

Why? Just because you've say that? :D

XVM's implementation is much better. But you should have a brains to understand it.

Edited by Krab Age
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

and now, on tanks without binos I get 2 different sized circles...

should not be the case.

like I said, this needs a lot of work and Omega's version was way easier without all this mostly useless mumbo-jumbo like blindarea, standing, moving etc.

Edited by damnrussians
  • Downvote 1

Short link

Why? Just because you've say that? :D

XVM's implementation is much better. But you should have a brains to understand it.

No it's not!! It's been turned into a piece of usless anoying crap. Why just to make the view range circles from (with and without binos 2 circles) to 1 circle but now the view range circle moves!! Oh Whoopie Doo!!  Obviously you don't play light tanks very much, displaying the view range with binos (with a seperate circle) even when not beeing used is very useful, advantageous and was one of the major reasons I used the mini map mod and the developers have broken it, why? just to make it look cooler! What are they? Bloody wannabe Yanks!! or something? Yes I'm calling the developers whom made this change a bunch of Americans because it the sort of crap  An American would do and think it's a good idea-- It's not!!! Just to make it look cooler!  With a gimmick (Ohh look the view range circle moves! how awesome, cool! :wow:  Oh I'm gonna cream in my knickers :kis:  bloody YANKS!!) over functionality and losing usefullness!

Damnrussians is right Omega's version worked and displayed the information I wanted.. 2 circles showing view range with and without binos!! Not this pile of wannabe American Shite!!!

Edited by Tealo
  • Downvote 1

Short link

Кстати, положение танка тоже поддерживается. Можно настроить что отобразить стоя, а что в движении. Позже гляну..

And both of you, whats a problem? If you dont like it, dont use it. Make your own mod

Edited by leecher88
  • Downvote 1

Short link

Guys, i really can't see the problem, so stop flaming.

There IS more than one way of doing some things, including drawing circles. And, you can make XVM display the same effect Omegaice's did. It's effect that matters, remember.

PS: and, because Omegaice's was also configurable to saturate or not on 445m, you can't guess which version someone used - everyone is strongly encouraged to use their own brains and edit config apropriately.

PS2: lol, poor devs: first being "Russians", then "Americans" - both being insults :P ... That made my day.

PS3: Tealo, and everyone, find my config on EU and use circles from it, if it's too hard to change on your own. I hope, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by nixxxie
  • Upvote 1

Short link

:wah:

I wonder why emoticons on this forum are so fugly :P and have so obscure meaning that i don't know how to use them...

• Upvote 1

Short link

I wonder why emoticons on this forum are so fugly :P and have so obscure meaning that i don't know how to use them...

true :exc:  korean :flag:  icons from Ragnarok Online

Short link

No problem, i can live with them :) , since now i know the history behind them. Anyway, i'm used to using simple text ones as i write, without graphical substitution.

Short link

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem with my minimap circles I was hoping one of you guys could help me with. I have the 445 range circle and the dynamic view range circle, but I can't get the 50 meters auto-spot circle to appear. I've linked the relevant code snippet below. I can't seem to figure out why the 50 meter one doesn't show up.

"circles": {
      "enabled": true,
      "major": [
        { "enabled": true, "distance": 445, "scale": 1, "thickness":  1.1, "alpha": 45, "color": "0xFFCC66" },
        { "enabled": true, "distance": 50, "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.75, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xFFFFFF" }
      ],
      "special": [
        { "su_18": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 552, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "su_26": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 578, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "su_5": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 605, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "su_8": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 920, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "s_51": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1229, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "su_14": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1229, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "object_212": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1229, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "object_261": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1463, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "bison_i": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 605, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "sturmpanzer_ii": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 605, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "wespe": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1000, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "grille": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1210, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "hummel": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1264, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "g_panther": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1407, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "g_tiger": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1172, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "g_e": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1172, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "t57": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 552, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "m37": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 969, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "m7_priest": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1047, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "m41": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1210, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "m12": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1316, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "m40m43": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1179, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "t92": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1248, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "renaultbs": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 450, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "lorraine39_l_am": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 844, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "amx_105am": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1000, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "_105_lefh18b2": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1000, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "amx_13f3am": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1250, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "lorraine155_50": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1202, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        { "lorraine155_51": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1296, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } },
        {
          "bat_chatillon155": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 1296, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 }
        },
        { "gb78_sexton_i": { "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 767, "enabled": true, "thickness": 1 } }
      ]
    },

Short link