Korean Random
rextimmy

WOT Tank Viewer - Version 1.0.17

Ok i'm going to release another preliminary version 1.0.14 soon with a few more fixes, it still will not feature pbs system yet but fixes a few other rendering problems like the leopard 1. I'm still deciding about version 1.1 (which was the dark theme screenshots you saw previously)

HtH74xK.png

• Upvote 4

Short link

TankInspector is a toy. WTV is a tool. Feel the difference.

Keep up your awesome job, rextimmy, and thank you!!!

• Upvote 2

Short link

Good news, the pbs stuff is coming along well, so i should hopefully be able to add it to 1.0.14.

Also i have added a new HD texture type in the tank options widget, so you can now toggle between default texture, the HD texture and the grid texture. The HD texture will not load by default unless you have it selected, if you do select it, tank loading times will increase because these are pretty large textures. If you load a tank with default and/or grid texture selected and than you switch to HD texture, the viewer will than load the HD texture, you can expect a slight delay when you do this for the first time as the viewer must load the HD textures into the texture cache. Once it is done once than it is now in the texture cache and swapping texture modes will be instantaneous. Do remember when you load a new tank the texture cache is cleared and the above notice will happen for every tank you load. Hope that all makes sense.

For tanks that don't actually have HD textures (which is just about all of them at the moment) than the HD texture toggle will do nothing and just display the default texture.

One new feature i propose is a file system watcher in the viewer, let me explain:

Currently if you modify a texture in the res_mod folder you have to reload the tank to see the changes, i was going to add a feature where it will automatically detect file changes to the textures in the res_mod (not zip packages) folder and automatically reload that texture so you can see the changes in real time without having to press a button or anything, would anyone find this useful?

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 2

Short link

Making good progress with the physically based shading. Do note I haven't implemented the metallic gloss map yet, so the gloss levels in that pic below are completely wrong and make the tank look plastic but getting a lot closer now  :ok:

p8Rje8v.png

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 4

Short link

Всем привет.
Помогите с проблемой:
Сейчас вышла обнова WoT 0.9.0. Решил попробовать нанести на танки зоны пробития.  Скачал все проги с гайда. Запускаю 3D Ripper DX, указал местонахождение WorldOfTanks.exe. Нажимаю "Ланч", появляется окно с игрой и белым фоном и потом игра вылетает...

Short link

Всем привет.

Помогите с проблемой:

Сейчас вышла обнова WoT 0.9.0. Решил попробовать нанести на танки зоны пробития.  Скачал все проги с гайда. Запускаю 3D Ripper DX, указал местонахождение WorldOfTanks.exe. Нажимаю "Ланч", появляется окно с игрой и белым фоном и потом игра вылетает...

Wrong thread i think, this is not related to Wot Tank Viewer

• Upvote 1

Short link

Я считаю, что некорректное отображение танков в программе проблема самая незначительная. Гораздо критичнее возможность видеть HD текстуры и корректное сохранение сетки полигонов для всех частей танка, а не только для башни. Без сетки практически невозможно нормально рисовать шкурки.

Edited by Ingolmil

Short link

Ingolmil, ну нарисуете вы шкурку, а в игре часть элементов будет слишком темными или наоборот светлыми. Если этот танк есть у вас вы еще сможете проверить и подкорректировать, а если танка нет? Так что проблема достаточно важная.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Ingolmil, ну нарисуете вы шкурку, а в игре часть элементов будет слишком темными или наоборот светлыми. Если этот танк есть у вас вы еще сможете проверить и подкорректировать, а если танка нет? Так что проблема достаточно важная.

Если у меня нет возможности достать сетку, то у меня нет возможности даже начать что то делать. Отображение в проге на данный момент достаточно корректно для превью, большего и не надо. К тому же я не дальтоник и не упарываюсь, я прекрасно вижу что рисую в фотошопе, а подкорректировать слой можно всегда, все нормальные люди рисуют в отдельном слое.

Short link

I have made it very clear it doesn't display the new PBS based stuff properly and i have also showed screenshots showing it is getting worked on.

Short link

haha all this russian i have no idea what you guys are talking about ;-)

In my opinion the ability to see HD textures and correctly saving face grid (for all tank parts, not only for the turret) is more important than laggy visual part. Because if i dont have a grid, i even cant start drawing.

Short link

are

In my opinion the ability to see HD textures and correctly saving face grid (for all tank parts, not only for the turret) is more important than laggy visual part. Because if i dont have a grid, i even cant start drawing.

Are you talking about the built in grid texture?

Laggy visual? What are you talking about?

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

Laggy visual? What are you talking about?

I mean leopard1, material maps like glossy, light and other not important fixes.

Are you talking about the built in grid texture?

image.png

Short link