Korean Random
rextimmy

WOT Tank Viewer - Version 1.0.17

Hi guys,

Sorry don't check this too often, I haven't played WoT for a very long time now but i'll download this new version and take a look.

Very nice to hear, I will wait.

Short link

Sorry guys i haven't been keeping up to date, what version do i need to get to check these new HD tanks or whatever they are? The latest test client????

Short link

Sorry guys i haven't been keeping up to date, what version do i need to get to check these new HD tanks or whatever they are? The latest test client????

Yes, test 0.9.0

Short link

Recalling that would give any man ..))

even using google translate i have no idea what you just said.

On another note what is this Balance $ thing on my profile???

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

On another note what is this Balance $ thing on my profile???

Hi. Any chance to get update your program? All HD models just crash the program. But we really need to export HD models to .obj. And solutions? 3D Model Converter can't handle it.

Short link

ссыль бы дали что ли человеку..))

give him a link..)) Edited by leecher88

Short link

This is going to be way more work than i was anticipating but i should be able to get it all working. They have changed all the garages, i don't know when they did this. The HD stuff is not overly complicated but they have changed from tangent space normal maps to object space normal maps so i have to add support for those and because of this change there is also the new track/wheel segments.

I'll post more when i get it all working.

The crashing is actually a nasty terrible bug in my loading code which i have now fixed up.

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

@rextimmy, balance is experimental feature. It was designed to reward useful activity on the forums.

But currently functionality of this system is not fully implemented yet.

Edited by C.M.
  • Upvote 1

Short link

OK getting there slowly, there is more work to do than i really want to spend on this but i'll get it done anyway. I have added a file called hangar.cfg where you can override the hangar model files that are loaded and it obviously maps to the basic/premium toggle switch in the app. So this will allow people to change what hangar mesh is loaded. You just have to make sure you add the appropriate pkg file to the resources.cfg

here is an incomplete example of the file for demonstration purposes:

<Hangar>
	<Basic>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\hangar\normal\lod0\Floor_part01.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\hangar\normal\lod0\hangar_v2_part01.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\hangar\normal\lod0\hangar_v2_part02.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group1.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group2.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group3.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group4.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group5.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_v2\group\normal\lod0\group6.model</Mesh>
	</Basic>
	<Premium>
		<!-- optional rotation settings -->
		<RotateDegrees>180</RotateDegrees>
		<RotateAxis>0 1 0</RotateAxis>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_premium_v2\hangar_premium\normal\lod0\Floor_part01.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_premium_v2\hangar_premium\normal\lod0\hangar_premium_v2_part01.model</Mesh>
		<Mesh>content\Environment\hangar_premium_v2\hangar_premium\normal\lod0\hangar_premium_v2_part02.model</Mesh>
	</Premium>
</Hangar>
Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 4

Short link

Sorry about the delays it's going to be even longer. I was completely wrong what i said above about the object space normal maps, what they have done is use dxt5nm format so i will have to code support in for this.

Here is a screenshot of the new normal maps in action in the viewer:

5YpkpTn.jpg

They look far better

• Upvote 7

Short link

Oh yeah i forgot to mention i have to completely re-write a lot of the material system now because of the new PBS effect WG are introducing with this update. I might actually break this update up because honestly there is a lot of work and it's going to take a little while to complete it all.

I think i will do a 1.0.13 release that just stops the crashing and doesn't properly support the new PBS and than a second update 1.1.0 that does support PBS and also HD versions. 

• Upvote 4

Short link

Version 1.0.13 can be found here: http://www.narivtech.com/downloads/WotTankViewer_1_0_13.zip

Version 1.0.13 "hack edition" . I call this hack edition because it's only meant as a temporary update while i decide on what future course i will take with this program (I have an idea that i will post soon for feedback). It is only for use with the test client, if you run the normal game client stick with 1.0.12 for now. Due to the changes i have disabled the garages for now. I know of a few tanks that don't render properly (KV is one example). Also the new gloss maps are not properly supported but the new packed normal maps are. No HD stuff is supported yet either but the tanks will load ok.

Version 1.0.13:
* Disabled network update.
* Fixed crash when loading new HD tanks.
* Added support for new packed normal maps.
* Disabled garage.

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 6

Short link

1st post updated.  very nice avatar, thats my kind of game ;-)

My idea for the next version:

I have been thinking about it and one thing i have not done is work with Direct3D much at all, i have been programming with OpenGL for a long time now but never really touched Direct3D. So i was going to create Wot Tank Viewer 2.0 that uses Direct3D11 only. I was also going to change the direction of the viewer and make it even more aimed at texture skinners and mesh modders. I have never had any interest in a basic app that just shows soft stats of tanks, that bores me, people wanting that can use that other tank viewer app. This version will be focused purely for the modders and nothing more.

Features i would like to implement:
* Full support for the animation system.
* Ability to load generic primitive files as well as the tanks.
* Better mesh exporting ability (including animation) using either Collada or FBX format.
* Possibly importing features.

* Possibly expose some app features to a script system powered by squirrel script.
* Retain all the skinning friendly stuff from the current 1.x branch

Using Direct3D 11 does limit the audience slightly but my main motivation is to get more familiar with Direct3D 11 in a real app. Any thoughts anyone??

ok maybe that is a bit too ambitious for now, i'll just proceed with version 1.1 as i was going to do before.

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 4

Short link

rextimmy, i need to put model into Cinema 4D editor. But normal map looks terrible. It's different from previous WG models. Any advice pls? Maybe i need convert this dxt5nm into usual nm?

Short link

To convert from the new ANM normal maps to old format in photoshop (or gimp):

Make the blue channel all white(it will be black). Copy the alpha channel to the red channel (alpha channel is no longer needed) and leave the green channel as it is. The reason for using the green and alpha channel in the new normal maps is for the higher bit depth. DXT5 uses red:5 green:6 blue:5 alpha:8 but the alpha is interpolated.

• Upvote 1

Short link