Korean Random
rextimmy

WOT Tank Viewer - Version 1.0.17

rextimmy, I am open armor panel and click on 0-value -> no response. Click any other value -> displayed selected armor. Click on 0-value -> displayed zones with zero armor. Again click on 0-value -> no response again. It's bug in the event handler of 0-value.

yep, this is already fixed for 1.0.8 ;-)

*Edit:

Should have the language SDK available for download soon. It will require 1.0.8 which i will release soon.

*Edit 2:

@StranikS_Scan I have added a new feature in 1.0.8 that will allow you to select in preferences "Use non native FileDialog" which will stop using the windows default one and use the Qt built in FileDialog which allows a lot of custom stuff like history. The history for each FileDialog (or directory chooser in this case) will save its history to file so it will always be available on app re start. The down side to using the non native FileDialog is it is slower to load and it does not show drive names only drive letters but i'm sure you will agree for your case the pro's out weigh the con's. ALL FileDialog's in 1.0.8 (both native and Non native) will now show the last used directory by default first.

Here is a pic of the non native FileDialog option, note the recent places.

post-6842-0-51094000-1374983715_thumb.png

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

Directory Dialog with history - very well!

"...the pro's out weigh the con's...". What is written here? The Google translated this as "professional hung prisoner" :))))) Is an allegory?

How used Grid mod of Texture Type? I myself usually pasted grid on the texture as additional layer.

Short link

Directory Dialog with history - very well!

"...the pro's out weigh the con's...". What is written here? The Google translated this as "professional hung prisoner" :))))) Is an allegory?

How used Grid mod of Texture Type? I myself usually pasted grid on the texture as additional layer.

bahahaha ..... try this one, the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

I am not sure what you are asking about with the grid texture? 

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

I am not sure what you are asking about with the grid texture? 

Yes, why the need for grid texture in WTV? Why in the program made ​​this function?

Edited by StranikS_Scan

Short link

Yes, why the need for grid texture in WTV? Why in the program made ​​this function?

I know of quite a few skinners who use it, it helps them locate certain parts of the tank.

Short link

I know of quite a few skinners who use it, it helps them locate certain parts of the tank.

I do not understand how your grid can help me?

1. Grid is very large...

2. How do I find out where the cell with number "X" or color-X is located on the DDS?

PS: I used grid. There everything is clear and understandable. 

Edited by StranikS_Scan

Short link

I do not understand how your grid can help me?

1. Grid is very large...

2. How do I find out where the cell with number "X" or color-X is located on the DDS?

PS: I used grid. There everything is clear and understandable. 

Here is the offical FAQ ( http://rextimmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0 )  or check below straight from the FAQ

Question: I don't like the grid texture, can i replace it?
Answer: Yes for sure. The file is located in the data directory and is called grid.dds. Feel free to replace it with any texture you prefer. Obviously it must be in dds format and also called grid.dds

Everyone has their own preference with the grid, if you don't like it replace it (see above, it was purposely designed to be easily replaced as i knew i couldn't keep everyone happy). To find out where number "X" or a color is just open the grid.dds in photoshop or whatever app you use ;-)

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 1

Short link

The file is located in the data directory and is called grid.dds.

This is what I was looking for, thanks!

UPD:

I replaced default grid on my grid.dds with transparent background (DXT3) and tested this function. Is no good. The grid layer should be imposing on the tank skin, not replace.

Short link

Привет всем опять. Ребят вы как знающие люди могли бы просьбу по английски написать разработчику?

Я планирую начать изготовление рельефных пано с танками. Но так как 3d max для меня не комфортен, могли бы вы попросить его, чтоб была добавлена функция сохранения цельной модели танка с учётом как выставлена башня и орудие ( в смысле градусы ). В 3Д конвекторе собирать из разрозненных частей слишком сложно и долго.

9b41c81984f4.jpg

Edited by TA2WKA

Short link

rextimmy, Q from TA2WKA:

Is it possible to add a feature that would resave visual-model files of tank with selected rotate settings?

Short link

rextimmy, Q from TA2WKA:

Is it possible to add a feature that would resave visual-model files of tank with selected rotate settings?

To be 100% honest i fail to see how this would be of any benefit? Rotating a mesh in any 3D model editing application is a trivial task. Yes it is a very simple addition to add to the viewer i just honestly don't see it's worth. I hope that doesn't sound offensive.

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Придётся ставить 3д макса :( ... а может я против пиратства?) а лицензию на 3д макс я 100% не потяну. А тут вроде бы как раз таки решение проблемы.

Short link

Придётся ставить 3д макса :( ... а может я против пиратства?) а лицензию на 3д макс я 100% не потяну. А тут вроде бы как раз таки решение проблемы.

Увы, востребованность, по его мнение, будет единичная, т.е. вы, да может еще 1-2 человека, а затраченное на это время можно потратить на реализацию более важных вещей в программе. Ставьте, ставьте 3Д макс все равно когда-то надо будет поставить, дык может время пришло... :)))))

Short link

http://www.blender.org/ very powerful and 100% completely free 3D Modelling Application.

I tried to use google translate but i still don't really understand your reply. Sorry my mind will not be changed on this, like i said i hope this doesn't offend.

@rextimmy, what do you think about  #228 (translucent grid)?

You want the grid texture to over lay the mesh yes?

Yes no problem that can be done, i'll put it on the to do list ;-)

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 2

Short link

http://www.blender.org/ very powerful and 100% completely free 3D Modelling Application.

I tried to use google translate but i still don't really understand your reply. Sorry my mind will not be changed on this, like i said i hope this doesn't offend.

You read that right :))) I think your answer will be very useful.

You want the grid texture to over lay the mesh yes?

Yes no problem that can be done, i'll put it on the to do list ;-)

Yes, yes!

Short link

В блендере есть свой подводный камень ... дульный компенсатор у пушки отображается в разрезе с любой точки обзора.

2fa225f600bd.jpg

Edited by TA2WKA

Short link

1.0.8 released

Changes:
* Fixed bug in collision armor when selecting armor value of 0.
* Changed render system to OpenGL 3.2 instead of OpenGL 3.3.
* Added close button to UV Genereate dialog.
* Enabled bullet collision routines when loading collision models for future armor features.
* Upgraded Qt to version 4.8.5.
* Upgraded GLM maths library to 0.9.4.4.
* Fixed numerous bugs relating to gun pitch settings.
* Added extract tank mesh icon.
* Added a user search filter for the tank list.
* Added shadow support.
* Fixed bug in vertex buffer class that was causing binormals/tangents to be swapped around.
* Changed triangle winding to use the more common counter clock wise (doesn't affect exporting or UV map).
* Added option to use non native file dialog when selecting folders in preferences.
* Fixed bug when changing turret on certain tanks the wrong gun was picked.
* Toned down specular highlights by 50%.

Please see this thread for further details http://rextimmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1200.0

Please see here for information about translating the app to different languages http://rextimmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1201.0

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 2

Short link

Hi! Rextimmy, make, please, the buttons "prev." and "next" with the function: load a previous / next tank in the list as image.

835defbb76b1.png

ADD: Found a bug. When you save screenshot to file when background transparency: enable, with lighting: enable with shadow -  tanks in the screenshot is translucent

Edited by Lesic

Short link

Hi! Rextimmy, make, please, the buttons "prev." and "next" with the function: load a previous / next tank in the list as image.

835defbb76b1.png

ADD: Found a bug. When you save screenshot to file when background transparency: enable, with lighting: enable with shadow -  tanks in the screenshot is translucent

Oh yeah nasty bug, i'll check that one out! Yeah the next/previous can be added.

• Upvote 2

Short link