Korean Random
rextimmy

WOT Tank Viewer - Version 1.0.17

It's ok with the lighting problems, no need to report any problems as i am currently re-writing the entire shader/material/lighting system for version 1.1

That HD texture is it the standard one? or something different?

@Paladin_Tank

How do those tanks look in game (the T34 and a few similar tanks), those few tanks have inverted normals. I suspect this is a WG error.

Also the 64bit version has a bug with the grid checkbox toggling. 32bit version is ok.

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

whether you are planning to create a similar program for other games in the series? (wowp/wob)
планируете ли вы создать подобную программу для остальных игр серии? (wowp/wob)

Short link

whether you are planning to create a similar program for other games in the series? (wowp/wob)

планируете ли вы создать подобную программу для остальных игр серии? (wowp/wob)

This is something i have actually though about, once i'm finished updating the current client i might start a crowd funding to create a wowp version. I'm just not sure at this stage.

Short link

good example of the pbs system, it's going to look even better when i get around to using hdr lighting.

mOIh3Mg.png

• Upvote 4

Short link

@rextimmy, please see what the problem - the gun crash visual files of G98_Waffentrager_E100 linked on a Waffentrager_E100_AM.dds. I replaced the records Waffentrager_E100_AM.dds on a Waffentrager_E100_crash_AM.dds in the <diffuseMap> tags, but then gun is no visible.

Аа-а-а, I forgot to replace the commas on the point, I doodle :)))

Edited by StranikS_Scan

Short link

Just so everyone knows i have created a new very basic web page for the viewer, the page is purposely made with no images (apart from the gallery). I wanted to keep it simple and fast. The site has multiple download locations for the viewer or you can just continue getting it from the first page of this thread. 

https://sites.google.com/site/wottankviewer/

• Upvote 1

Short link

Just some bug updates with 1.0.14:

Grid toggle is behaving strangely at random times

On new pbs based tanks, the gun textures are extracted to the wrong location when "extracting all textures" (only some nations)

Camo baking option not working.

Edited by rextimmy

Short link

Доброго времени суток.

Подскажите пожалуйста как включить сцену ангар:

0c076b25ca00t.jpg

Заранее спасибо за ответ.

Short link

Доброго времени суток.

Подскажите пожалуйста как включить сцену ангар:

Заранее спасибо за ответ.

It has been disabled until further notice.

Short link

@rextimmyверно ли то,что прозрачность (Альфа) в текстурах пока ещё не отображается корректно?

@rextimmy, is it true that the transparency (alpha) in the textures are not yet displayed correctly?

Short link

@rextimmyверно ли то,что прозрачность (Альфа) в текстурах пока ещё не отображается корректно?

@rextimmy, is it true that the transparency (alpha) in the textures are not yet displayed correctly?

Do you mean on some of the tracks?

Short link

Do you mean on some of the tracks?

Так точно!

So exactly!

Short link

Great pick up @StranikS_Scan ... It's 100% the modules lol ...WG have stuffed up and shipped the server side hitbox for the E-50m with the client

Wireframe confirms:

BCmhG7E.png

Short link

Так точно!

So exactly!

It's ok the alpha channel has been found, it is hiding in the red channel of the normal map now for all the new tanks. Will fix this up next version.

Screenshot of it fixed:

sokfJh0.png

Edited by rextimmy
  • Upvote 1

Short link

With version 1.0.15 i am only going to have time to fix up one of the following (Both will obviously be fixed in coming versions):

A) UV Map

B) Camo bake

Preferences anyone??

So far the change log is

Version 1.0.15:
* Fixed camo problem where it was not loading guns exclusion map/tiling (if any).
* Fixed track/chassis alpha problem.
* Fixed bug where grid would not show even though it was enabled.

Just some random information:

For anyone who hasn't played with the new detail maps they work like so:

They are only designed to give extra detail to the roughness component (so the green channel of the metallic gloss map) and the power is controlled by a new field in the visual file called g_detailPower. The current one just adds a scratch like detail to the affected area.

There is another new field called g_MaskBias, i haven't played with so i'm not sure what it does yet.

• Upvote 4

Short link

I have completely re-written the UV map generator and it's working far better. It now supports SVG format, allows you to create a UV map upto 4x the original texture. It also allows you to save them all at once (you can close the tab for any you don't want).

TjN5tSN.png

• Upvote 3

Short link

I posted this on the WoT forums and i thought it may help people so i'll post it here too, not sure how well this will translate to russian though?

Camo on the Chassis (both HD and old tank models):

If you look at the tanks configuration file in res\scripts\item_defs\vehicles\nation\tank.xml you will see all the different parts that make up the tank. At the highlest level in the XML node structure you will see a <camouflage> tag. This is the default camouflage tag meaning if any tank part (chassis,hull,turret,gun) does not list a camouflage tag it will resort to this highest level camo tag (the parent if you will).

With the HD tanks what they have done is leave the <exclusion> tag (which is a child of the <camouflage> tag) blank which means when the chassis is applying the camo it has no camo tag so it checks the parent tag (default one mentioned above) and since it has no exclusion map it is disabled. So if you want camo on the new HD chassis you have two ways.

1) Set the tiling and exclusion mask at the highest level and this will force the game to use this with any chassis that doesn't have it's own <camouflage>
2) Create a new <camouflage> tag for each chassis object (if there are multiple chassis) and set the tiling and exclusion mask.

Obviously you have to create a new exclusion mask(CM) for the chassis (the new UV map generator will greatly help in this area).

I think option 1 is easiest. One thing i really should do is add in a tank configuration editor much like the current visual file editor the viewer has, just to make it easier to modify this stuff.

Just randomly i noticed another bug with the texture extraction feature, it is not extracting all the exclusion masks for the new HD tanks, i will fix this up.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Подскажите пожалуста скачал программу WotTankViewer_1_0_14.zip, при запуске выдает LoadLibrary failed with error 126: Не найден указанный модуль. Что надо сделать?

Short link