Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
fusk

Activate/deactivate stats

It is disabled by default for all users ?

If they're not activated, stats won't be reported and others will not be able to see them ingame ?

Did i understand it correctly ?

Short link
It is disabled by default for all users ?

Yes.

If they're not activated, stats won't be reported and others will not be able to see them ingame ?

No. Your stats on WG servers, everyone sees it.

Edited by Mr A

Short link

@fusk, for access to XVM stats server. If you'll not activate stats on website then you'll unable to see stats in XVM.

Edited by Krab Age

Short link

Aha, so activating stats, is not so other people can see your stats, but so you can see other people. "activating stats" just sounds misleading, should probably read "enable xvm"

Short link

should probably read "enable xvm"

No. Because XVM is not only stats. First of all, it is great modification of interface.

Short link

No. Because XVM is not only stats. First of all, it is great modification of interface.

Well, you just said it your self "XVM is not only stats" so i'm right about "activating stats" sounds misleading. But do elaborate as i still don't understand what the purpose is, up till now we havn't had a need to activate it.

Edited by fusk

Short link

@maksionek

If in your modpack used correct XVM version then just follow instructions from official website:

1. modxvm.com/en/xvm-installation-and-settings/
  2. modxvm.com/en/faq/
  3. modxvm.com/en/news/testing-new-method-of-activation-of-statistics/

Otherwise you need to install the correct version of XVM from official site.

And then follow instructions referred above.

I don't recommend to use SuperDuperMegaProMod-like packs or any else unofficial modpacks. Usually it causes more problems than benefits.

Edited by TwoPizza

Short link

@maksionek

I don't recommend to use SuperDuperMegaProMod-like packs or any else unofficial modpacks. Usually it causes more problems than benefits.

You say that, but it just makes life so much easier for a lot of people. And the only reason we're here talking about this is because the update requires you do to things we haven't done before, therefore you'll see more questions about why xvm isn't working because people don't know they have to activate it.

Edited by fusk

Short link

@fusk, latest official stable xvm update does not requires you do to things you haven't done before.

Last NIGHTLY-TEST-UPDATE does. But... NIGHTLY-TEST-UPDATES SHOULD NOT USED BY TYPICAL USERS AND ONLY IDIOT CAN PUT UNSTABLE-TEST-VERSION IN HIS OWN MODPACK.

This is a reason why you should use stable versions of official xvm. Using of stable versions just makes life so much easier for a lot of people, but not using of trashmodpacks.

Edited by TwoPizza
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

@fusk, latest official stable xvm update does not requires you do to things you haven't done before.

Last NIGHTLY-TEST-UPDATE does. But... NIGHTLY-TEST-UPDATES SHOULD NOT USED BY TYPICAL USERS AND ONLY IDIOT CAN PUT UNSTABLE-TEST-VERSION IN HIS OWN MODPACK.

This is a reason why you should use stable versions of official xvm. Using of stable versions just makes life so much easier for a lot of people, but not using of trashmodpacks.

Try using the latest version of XVM

Short link

Hey guys, I'm completely ok with the new concept of act/deact stats. Worked fine. After updating to the the new xvm version, it has to be activated again, BUT the SIGN-IN button on the xvm site now is missing.

Edited by xman128

Short link

I think you've completely missed the point.

I know the latest stable doesn't require you to do anything, but the next one will.

This has nothing to do with what oldskool puts in his pack, or whether or not i'm using stable or beta version.

This has something do with the fact that in the next release of xvm, a new user interaction is now required. And that is likely to confuse a lot of people. Even tho i've asked what it is for, no one seems to be able to answer.

The packs just makes it easier to install multiple mods & they're not going away no matter if you like em or not. This thread only arrived early because oldskool put a beta version of xvm in his pack, had he waited would only have meant this thread would've been created later on as the questions remains the same.

Edited by fusk

Short link

I really dislike this entire idea of having to login to xvm and stuff just to activate stats now, I really hope this does not get added in as a working option in the future releases.

Short link

I really dislike this entire idea of having to login to xvm and stuff just to activate stats now, I really hope this does not get added in as a working option in the future releases.

Don't use XVM

• Upvote 1

Short link

Don't use XVM

Maybe you can explain what the purpose of the activation is for. We've never had it before, so why now ?

Short link

Don't use XVM

If that is your intention Sirmax i will support that, I simply think this is a horrible idea. granted it is your guys idea and not mine. Tho with that kind of mindset its nice to see you value your users input.

Short link