Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Bartman

WN6/8 custom colour range?

Up to now I've always been able to use WoW style colouring (i.e. grey-white-green-blue-purple-orange-yellow) to denote WN* efficiency on player names. Their kilobattles on the player panels still show up with those colours, however their names (both on the player panels and on the in game markers) now show as the default rainbow gradient (red to green to blue iirc).

Currently xvm seems to be ignoring the colour settings I've specified under "colors": {"wn": [ ] } ... Is {{c:wn}} still a valid variable, and if it is, how do I get xvm to use a custom colour range?

Edited by Bartman

Short link
"colors": {"wn": [ ] } ... Is {{c:wn}}

Use {{c:wn6}} or {{c:wn8}} macros better. See default colors.xc

Edited by demon2597

Short link

Use {{c:wn6}} or {{c:wn8}} macros better. See default colors.xc

Thanks, was thinking something like that :)

I tried switching from xvm.xc (that I tend to reconfigure with the flash web app) to the @dir structure with many settings files, but it still didn't seem to pick up on the colours I specified there. And those default colours only contain six colour levels, instead of the 8 that I use right now (that list above plus light pink for really low eff players).

Would it be possible to both use WN8 *and* use a self specified set of thresholds (i.e. more than 6), like we used to have with WN6?

Edited by Bartman

Short link
Would it be possible to both use WN8 *and* use a self specified set of thresholds (i.e. more than 6), like we used to have with WN6?

Yes of course, you may add the number of thresholds and colors as you wish but the default thresholds are calculated from the ratio of similar skill player groups

post-6084-0-69474200-1392320969_thumb.png

Edited by demon2597

Short link

Fixed. Turns out my original idea worked fine, except I broke the colour settings array by omitting a comma :)

Replaced all instances of {{c:wn}} with {{c:wn8}} and added this (and remember to add that comma to the closing bracket of the "wn" settings at the end):

"wn8": [
      { "value": 300, "color": "0xFFC6C6" },
      { "value": 600, "color": "0x828282" },
      { "value": 900, "color": "0xFFFFFF" },
      { "value": 1250, "color": "0x62FF2D" },
      { "value": 1600, "color": "0x3C94FF" },
      { "value": 1900, "color": "0xAE4DF0" },
      { "value": 2350, "color": "0xFF8000" },
      { "value": 2900, "color": "0xE6CC80" }
    ]

This corresponds to WoTlabs' colour reference (http://wotlabs.net/) except using WoW style colouring. "very bad" received an additional colour here, light pink, so the bots stand out better.

Edited by Bartman

Short link