Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
NRath

Error trying to open xvm.xc

I'm a new user to XVM- been using for a couple months and want to add stats.  I have never done any editing to the config, only used the default settings.  I'm using the online editor to try and turn on stats.  I click "Open", it pops up the browser window, I browse to my xvm.xc in the 8.10 folder and click "Open".  An error pops up saying something about unable to find root something and the file won't open.  If you need the specific message, I can copy it tonight when I'm at home.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Short link

@NRath, you must open ALL files , passed by xvm/configs/@Default , if you use your default config and press Open .

Finally, save your xvm.xc in folder 0.8.10/xvm, confirming the replace

Short link

I was trying to open my xvm.xc in the 8.10 folder- sounds like that was the problem and was the wrong place.  I will have to look again at the folder structure later to see if that path you suggested will make sense.  Thanks for the help.

Short link

Selecting all files worked like a champ- thank you!  My primary intent was to turn on stats, which I selected the top "show stats" box, I believe the 2nd and 3rd box were already checked.  I am seeing stats and its very interesting to see the team configurations by win rate, maybe I'm not so bad after all!

Follow up question:  In the battle screen, there is a 2 digit number next to each user name.  This is clearly some kind of ranking, but what is the number linked to?

Thanks again. 

Short link

@NRath, there are 2 digits stats in table . Rating called X-WN (or usual rating XVM) . Check the pic below

post-8476-0-93661900-1362382019.png

Short link

How is X-WN calculated?  I've seen people with similar W/R but much different X-WN and others similar to mine in W/R and X-WN.

Also, if I have 2 different XVM configs, can I switch between them by having swapping the XVM.xc file that's being used? Or, will it take more than changing just that one file... 

Also, what is XVM value and % sup columns?

You can go ahead and ban me for asking all these questions...  lol...

Many thanks!

Short link

There are just colour values for each rating of xvm . As you can see, those are different in each color box. Cause it's just separated for colours, % sup and ratings DON'T DEPEND to each other , it just shown, what you'll see, using macros c:eff, c:rating, c:xwn etc :)

If you have two confs, based in two folders (splitted confs), yes, you can change them by changing file in res_mods/xvm )

Short link