Korean Random

Hi

I would like to ask whether are there plans to implement WN8 to XVM and if they are, approximately when?

And of course, thank you all for developing XVM :)

RuinerCZ

Short link

Using my abilities of telepathy I predict implementation of WN8 in next XVM version.

Edited by TwoPizza

Short link

Q to devs:

So you introduced the WN8 macro, when can we expect it to display the WN8? Currently it shows the WN6 despite of it's name.

Edited by Aslain

Short link

Q to devs:

So you introduced the WN8 macro, when can we expect it to display the WN8? Currently it shows the WN6 despite of it's name.

1. It is temporary and will be removed when we will build XVM Scale for WN8. {{wn}} will show WN8.

2. It shows wn8

• Upvote 1

Short link

1. It is temporary and will be removed when we will build XVM Scale for WN8. {{wn}} will show WN8.

2. It shows wn8

Ok maybe I asked too soon, I only checked the userinfo, must be still as WN6.

Short link

Ok maybe I asked too soon, I only checked the userinfo, must be still as WN6.

It is still WN6 in the userinfo. This macro have effect only in battle (including battle loading screen).

Short link

Thank you for the reply :)

Awesome job with adding the WN8 macro.

Keep up the good work!

Wish there would be also a {{c:wn8}} macro added, otherwise it's hard to test it, when the colors are matching totaly different rating :)

Short link

Wish there would be also a {{c:wn8}} macro added, otherwise it's hard to test it, when the colors are matching totaly different rating :)

I said this macro is temporary. Currently we have no scale for WN8. When we will have it, {{wn}} will be replaced to WN8.

Short link

We need to calculate XVM Scale (0..100), and we will have our own color scale then.

Thats easy enough, since there is a scale for WN8 with its ranges all you have to do is scale down the ranges to 0-100 scale.

y = y0 + (y1 - y0) * (x - x0) / (x1 - x0)

Is the general method to do it. In WN8's case it would look like...

y = 0 + (100 - 0) * (x - 0) / (2900 - 0)
y = 100 * x / 2900

So take the current WN8 scale:

WN8         XVM
0-299      0-9
300-599    10-20
600-899    21-30
900-1249   31-42
1250-1599  43-54
1600-1899  55-65
1900-2349  66-80
2350-2899  81-99
2900+      100+

Those numbers are rounded of course but in your actual code its easy to not use the rounded numbers.

Short link

It is not so simple. XVM Scale is depended from percent of players distribution.

We have discussion thread (in Russian) here, but AFAIK there is no XVM Scale explanation in English.

Short link

I said this macro is temporary. Currently we have no scale for WN8. When we will have it, {{wn}} will be replaced to WN8.

so the decision was to replace WN6 without any "transfer" period, during which both WNs coexist? any ETA?? so far i've noticed, that only about half of EU players have WN8 calculated

Short link

It is not so simple. XVM Scale is depended from percent of players distribution.

We have discussion thread (in Russian) here, but AFAIK there is no XVM Scale explanation in English.

wrong

http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8#Scale

Furthermore I hope that I ll get a russian translation of the WN8 summary within 1-2 weeks.

And before you come up with a scale of your please contact Praetor77 - WN8 switched to a ratio scale comapred to WN7/Eff/PR which use a interval scale.

Edited by Folterknecht

Short link

WN8 Scale != XVM Scale

yeah - and that XVM Scale you guys came up with wasnt that informative to beginn with, more of the opposite imo. It was good enough to illustrate the difference between an average player, a noob and a unicum. After that it usefullness ended more or less. It "compressed" the lower and upper ends of the skill spectrum even more than, than the old Eff-Scale. In my opinion there its a big difference if I m facing some one with 2000 or 2500 WN7.

Short link

We have another opinion.

After your post I don't sure that you understand the reason why XVM Scale was made, and what it is mean.

Short link